Best Filter for E46 M3?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also,
welcome2.gif
to BITOG!

Also also, I have no idea whether you mean the filter for oil, engine air, cabin air, or fuel. The answer is BMW for all.

I would thing any brand name filter made in Germany should meet or surpass BMW specifications, being it Hengst, Mann, or Mahle-Knecht. Doesn't Hengst make most BMW filters?

Originally Posted By: moss
I would thing any brand name filter made in Germany should meet or surpass BMW specifications, being it Hengst, Mann, or Mahle-Knecht. Doesn't Hengst make most BMW filters?

All of those brands make filters for BMW.

The difference is that BMW puts its stamp on a certain number of the best parts, so there's a marginally higher chance of good quality when you get something with the BMW label vs. the "same" part from the original manufacturer.

This is true of any manufacturer, really. Or at least any manufacturer that has its stuff together.

BMW STAMP.... Oil filter's I was buying them at the dealer for my e39 then I bought a Mann Filter and compared both of them.MANN IS OEM so that what you should use! they go for about 4.00 and some change online.. stock up! and make sure you keep using your Castrol 10-60 TWS OIl! don't listen to people about that oil unless they are driving M car's them self's.

Originally Posted By: Mark300zx
Scuse my noobie post but just wondering what people recommend for these cars?

I've used Hengst, Mann and Mahle-Knecht in my M5. All three of these manufacturers supply BMW with filters as OEM. Of these three I prefer Hengst and Mahle-Knecht over Mann for oil filters. For air filters they are pretty equal.

I've used Hengst, Mann and Mahle-Knecht in my M5. All three of these manufacturers supply BMW with filters as OEM. Of these three I prefer Hengst and Mahle-Knecht over Mann for oil filters. For air filters they are pretty equal. [/quote]

I heard about Mahle How much better is it to Mann? I was running a K&N in my E39 and it felt like [censored]!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back