Auto RX re

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gentlemen;

I completely understand why the thread I started was locked, the main reason I never answered any of the zany posts.

For the record;

I AM NOT A "SHILL"
i AM NOT A "PAID POSTER OF AUTO RX OR ANY OTHER COMPANY FOR THAT MATTER"

I mearly wanted to pass along results of an experience with a product, so far encouraging, no more or less.

It looks as if some members have an axe to grind, and I'm sorry that it got involved with preliminary results of an attempt to slow down oil usage in an '95 Honda.

I have actually talked to the owner of Auto RX, he has been helpful in the specific issue that I wanted to address with this particular engine, and after the early unanticipated progress in more power I ordered more to try in two different engines, both bought used, one recently and the other bought over 40 years ago.

Again I apoligize to the members who are here to gain information who had to read all of the garbage in the thread I started to relay what I had observed. Anyone who wishes to go through any of my previous posts and find anything I posted not to be informitive or trying to skew data please bring it to my attention, as I post here to share what I've observed, and to read what others have observed also.

Originally Posted By: roadrunner1
Gentlemen;

I completely understand why the thread I started was locked, the main reason I never answered any of the zany posts.

For the record;

I AM NOT A "SHILL"
i AM NOT A "PAID POSTER OF AUTO RX OR ANY OTHER COMPANY FOR THAT MATTER"

I mearly wanted to pass along results of an experience with a product, so far encouraging, no more or less.

It looks as if some members have an axe to grind, and I'm sorry that it got involved with preliminary results of an attempt to slow down oil usage in an '95 Honda.

I have actually talked to the owner of Auto RX, he has been helpful in the specific issue that I wanted to address with this particular engine, and after the early unanticipated progress in more power I ordered more to try in two different engines, both bought used, one recently and the other bought over 40 years ago.

Again I apoligize to the members who are here to gain information who had to read all of the garbage in the thread I started to relay what I had observed. Anyone who wishes to go through any of my previous posts and find anything I posted not to be informitive or trying to skew data please bring it to my attention, as I post here to share what I've observed, and to read what others have observed also.

That is the whole reason for this forum,to share experiences and ideas. Please post any and all observations as I would be interested in reading them.
Before and after pics would go a long wat too

Unfortunately I wasn't able to take any pics, or run a compression test as my son started a new job recently, is in the process of buying his first house, and is getting married in June. I was only trying to lend a hand, and share.

Harry Chapin "the Cats in the Cradle " fits this story line more than one can imagine, and all of the drama of the first thread aside, I am still encouraged by the preliminary results.

I've had several positive experiences using AutoRX, and will use it again.

Can you show a link to the previous thread, or post the pertinent info here?

Some have had success, (I have on the Camaro and Z4.)

And others have not.

That's the way with every product.

Would I use it again? Yes I would.

Last edited:
I completely agree that people should be allowed to discuss oil supplements and engine cleaners here. I think that is the reason the Oil Additives Section exists.

I believe that people should be able to post their experiences with various products, such as Auto-RX, MMO, Kreen, Neutra, STP, or whatever and there should be polite discussion and debate allowed concerning those oil supplements and engine cleaners. I do not believe that there should be personal attacks on the person who posted or people who post replies. People can believe in a product or not believe but they should respect other posters and should debate the merits or lack of merits of a product. The only way we will find out about many of these products is by the personal experiences of people who have tried these products. We can't expect engine sequence testing to take place or some lab somewhere to conduct expensive and advanced scientific testing. Some people had submitted samples of these various products for UOA and VOA testing however.

Personally I would like to avoid discussing Auto-RX very much myself. I did use Auto-RX in the past (I still have two bottles) and it did seem to stop a seal leak, which was one of the claims for the product (as long as there was no physical damage to a seal). The people who talk about Auto-RX should receive the same consideration as anybody else.

And the people who like to discuss other products, such as MMO or Kreen, should also receive the same consideration.

Originally Posted By: Mystic
I completely agree that people should be allowed to discuss oil supplements and engine cleaners here. I think that is the reason the Oil Additives Section exists.

I believe that people should be able to post their experiences with various products, such as Auto-RX, MMO, Kreen, Neutra, STP, or whatever and there should be polite discussion and debate allowed concerning those oil supplements and engine cleaners. I do not believe that there should be personal attacks on the person who posted or people who post replies. People can believe in a product or not believe but they should respect other posters and should debate the merits or lack of merits of a product. The only way we will find out about many of these products is by the personal experiences of people who have tried these products. We can't expect engine sequence testing to take place or some lab somewhere to conduct expensive and advanced scientific testing. Some people had submitted samples of these various products for UOA and VOA testing however.

Personally I would like to avoid discussing Auto-RX very much myself. I did use Auto-RX in the past (I still have two bottles) and it did seem to stop a seal leak, which was one of the claims for the product (as long as there was no physical damage to a seal). The people who talk about Auto-RX should receive the same consideration as anybody else.

And the people who like to discuss other products, such as MMO or Kreen, should also receive the same consideration.

I completely agree with you. It baffles me that some members feel the need to push their no additive agenda thereby polluting a possibly informative thread.
I personally want to read about experiences with a product,good and bad. Those members experiences will help me make up my mind whether or not to use the product in question.
There is no need to post blah blah read your handbook bah blah no additives blah blah.
Post experiences. From those experiences us members who haven't tried the product in question can learn from and make a choice.

Good post mystic

I had good luck with it on my old Saturn, but that was over 10 years ago before whatever stigma has started floating around. At that time, plenty of other people were too.

That said, not to discredit this product in any way, I've had mostly newer or new cars since then which have been treated to a steady diet of synthetics along with standard dosing of LC20 that have cleaned them up and kept them clean. The worst oil burners were my ALH TDI and my 2.0T FSI. Both consumed roughly 1qt/1000mi and both were cleaned with several shorter intervals (5k instead of the required 10k) of quality syntetic oils. The TDI was down to 1qt/5k and the FSI was down to ~1.5qt/5k The TDI on ELF oils and the FSI on Motul and RedLine.

I've personally experienced this product's merits, but I feel like modern "cleaning" oils can do just as good a job. They may be more expensive in the long run and may tackle the job more slowly, but I've had comparable luck going either way (admittedly on different vehicles).

--Matt

Last edited:
Now sure it would be nice to get some before and after photographs in the case of a cleaning product, and maybe some compression tests, and for an oil supplement used in motor oil to get a UOA and a VOA. Or get a VOA just for the oil supplement to see what it contains. But we can't expect engine sequence testing for any of these engine cleaners and oil supplements or some sort of elaborate lab testing.

I don't have any photos, but I do have results from compression tests. I bought my '95 BMW 540 with ~210,000 miles. At that time compression was in the 180's across the board. Highway mpg was in the 20-21 range. After one clean/rinse cycle, compression was in the 190's across the board. I did a second clean/rinse. Gradually, mileage increased to ~25 on the highway, and has stayed there for over 50k miles. The car is at about 270,000 miles now and I just did another compression test. All cylinders are around 200, plus or minus a couple psi. I'm running a 10,000 mile oci, and Blackstone says everything looks great.

They don't have pics because it doesn't work. But that's not to the purpose here. They keep startng threads to get people talking about this garbage.

old accounts show up after years of being gone just to mention the product....
That's not fishy at all......NOT!

Originally Posted By: electrolover
They don't have pics because it doesn't work. But that's not to the purpose here. They keep startng threads to get people talking about this garbage.

True. kreen/mmo pushers don't have pics for that very reason.

Originally Posted By: Trajan
This isn't a kreen thread.

But you are the only one mentioning it. One has to wonder why.
You cant even stay on topic in a thread about your favorite additive.

I just explained my proof that ARX worked in my case. Were all the numbers too hard for you to understand?

No the fact that you haven't been here in years and then show up to plug the product is what I don't understand. ....

Originally Posted By: eliminator

I just explained my proof that ARX worked in my case. Were all the numbers too hard for you to understand?

Don't get into it. He's never used it. And just ignores all threads that are success stories except to trash them.

"This infighting over a product that has caused a lot of strife on the boards over the years is going to stop. Otherwise threads are going to come down and people on both sides of the argument will be facing a ban."...JHZR2

Last edited:
Based on what I know now I think before I tried any engine cleaner I would see how clean I might be able to get the engine by just using a motor oil that can clean well. For example, there is evidence that Pennzoil Platinum and Pennzoil Ultra may be able to clean well. You can't go wrong using an approved motor oil. If you had been using some conventional motor oil the Pennzoil synthetic would just be somewhat more expensive.

Am I trying to go off topic? No I am not. If you felt the engine still needed some cleaning you could use Auto-RX (or some other cleaner). Or an idle only engine flush instead of a drive around cleaner. Using the cleaning motor oil might assist the Auto-RX to do its job better. You could use the Pennzoil synthetic and if the engine needed more cleaning you could use a conventional oil with the Auto-RX at the next oil change.

I am not trying to go off topic at all. This post is about Auto-RX. But some people might not want to use a special engine cleaner and there are some motor oils that might be able to clean well enough. And the motor oil is approved.

If a person had seal leaks develop after they had switched to a synthetic motor oil I will say that Auto-RX seemed to stop a seal leak on a car I owned. I have no proof of that beyond the fact that the seal leak stopped after I did the Auto-RX cleaning.

I am trying to be 100% fair and honest here. Everybody knows that I did not suddenly appear out of nowhere after not posting for an age and I am not trying to promote a certain product. If you don't like the Pennzoil maybe try Mobil 1. Or maybe try a good cleaning motor oil along with Kreen or MMO.

I am trying to stay on topic but I am also trying to assist somebody who may be trying to clean a dirty engine. I believe that Auto-RX may have some ability to stop seal leaks but as for its cleaning ability I think the jury is still out.

I suppose this reply could be considered a counter argument but debate for and against a given product is allowed, correct? And I think I stayed reasonably on topic and I even gave some praise to Auto-RX. So let us see if somebody will now attack me over what I consider to be a fair and unbiased reply.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back