Kendall GT-1 Syn-Blend 5w20.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
...I haven't seen any posts recently on Kendall Syn-Blend motor oil. Would like responses from anyone using this oil....both positive and negative.

Amazon currently has the 5w20 on sale for $49.95 a case (12 qts.)... w/free shipping (I have Prime Shipping). That would work out to about three oil changes for my sig vehicle....and a total cost of $16.65 per OC.

Per PDS....the 5w20 has a TBN of 8.0...and a VI of only 150.
What OCI recommendations would you suggest for my 03'Ford Focus...which is very easy on oil.

I like the Kendall semi syn, but If I am changing it myself, I usually go to Walmart and get the Motorcraft Semi syn as it'sonly $18 for 5 qts. If I am having the oil changed somewhere because my back is acting up again, I use aplace that uses Kendall Semi Syn.

I'm a DIY user of Kendall GT-1 5W20 syn blend in my 2012 Veloster. I purchase at my local ConocoPhillips/Kendall distributor for $44.40/case. Surely, the Bend/Prineville distributor can supply you also. Basically, the Kendall is equivalent to the Motorcraft syn blend with the addition of titanium.

I use the Kendall at 5K OCIs with OEM filters...combo short trips and occasional day trips per OCI. Winter fuel mileage remains at 31-37 mpg, engine is quiet, and oil color at OCI conclusion is amber/green with no 'mayonnaise' from condensation under valve cover. I'll likely switch my 2010 Fusion and 2004 F-150 over to the same oil at their next OCIs.

Originally Posted By: steve20
for about 4 bucks a quart-wouldn't you rather drive down to Wally's and pick up a 5 quart container of QSUD?

+1

Originally Posted By: Oregoonian
Amazon currently has the 5w20 on sale for $49.95 a case (12 qts.)... w/free shipping (I have Prime Shipping). That would work out to about three oil changes for my sig vehicle....and a total cost of $16.65 per OC.

Just take it in to firestone, they use the same oil and it costs only $20 to $30. If you include the cost of the filter it's hardly worth it.

Originally Posted By: ueberooo
Originally Posted By: Oregoonian

Just take it in to firestone, they use the same oil and it costs only $20 to $30. If you include the cost of the filter it's hardly worth it.

Are you sure that bulk barrel at Firestone contains Kendall GT-1 Syn-Blend?....or could it be a cheap conventional? I'm never sure, so that why I prefer to change it myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back