2001 Camry 5sfe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Dakota1820
How cold is it when your starting it?

Ambient temperature was 17c'.
I had the car for last 10 years,even hot summer it starts at 1200RPM then as getting warmer drop to 750RPM..Also i have lacking power.Engine vacuum reading steady 24 Hg at idle so there is no vacuum leaks.Check EGR valve ok.Replaced engine coolant temp sensor,Checked IAT sensor all ok.New spark plugs and leads installed recently.Also swapped the ECU but still the same.Secondhand fuel pump fitted year ago.

What exactly is the issue? low startup idle? rough idle? Other than a check engine light in that video not sure exactly what your claiming the problem is.

yes, what is the problem? there is no check engine light. it is idling at around 11-1200. you really want fast idle as low as possible without car stalling on you. There is no reason to have the car racing at 1800 rpm on cold start at all.

Since you have the vacuum gauge, do the snap throttle test. Trav posted a great video link explaining how to trouble shoot using vacuum gauge. It is possible but unlikely that you have exhaust block causing low power. Idling at 1200 rpm is fine and is not telling us anything about your other problem

I think the OP is just trying to find something wrong with his Camry...to justify buying a new car.

I dont blame him, a Camry for that long can get very boring. I'd wanna get rid of it too!

Hi.
Thanks for all.I also have an intermittent flat spot on take off.(This worries me more than the cold start idle speed.)

Try cleaning the throttle body. Clean lint free rag dampened with cleaner, carefully wipe sides and plate. Don't hose it down with solvent.

Originally Posted By: toyota62
New throttle body fitted but still the same.(New throttle body,IAC valve and a TPS.)

Why are you throwing parts at it? That was just a waste.

Ok.Today i filled up with 98 Premium petrol.Car runs much better.Still too early to say premium petrol fixed the cold start problem,but definitely fixed the lacking power at this stage.

Originally Posted By: toyota62
Yes it was the E10 Fuel....

It wasn't the E10 fuel, it was the loose timing belt at last.Replaced the timing belt reset the Engine ECU, no more flat spot.
Before the timing belt replacement i couldn't rev the engine, if i reset the ECU(By removing the EFI fuse.) or disconnecting the vehicle battery terminals. For the first few seconds no engine power and flat spot when accelerating the vehicle.
Cheers.
Bob.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back