Toro residential mowers not made in USA :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was mower shopping this evening and was very disappointed to see that toro mowers are not made in the USA. which ones are? Craftsman, Honda? others? I'm looking for a 22" (or larger) FWD with an OHV or OHC engine. unfortunately the Honda's all appear to be RWD. I'd prefer a Briggs or Honda engine

My local hardware store had a Briggs & Stratton generator in it that I stopped and looked at yesterday. It says "Made in PRC". (Peoples Republic of China)

Do you mean the Toro's engine was made in china or the whole mower? I'm thinking FWD mowers tend to be the lower cost line and so they're more likely to be chinese made. Snapper, Yard Machine, and Crafstman may be made in USA.

I'm pretty sure that both our craftsman push mower, riding mower, and snowblower were made in the USA. Only the engine on the Snowthrower is chinese, the other two are Briggs and Stratton that say Made in USA on them.

The Toro boxes were all stamped "product of mexico". I'm sure that the Toro and Kohler engines are from China. not sure on the 190cc briggs.

might hafta also consider a craftsman with a honda engine... the FWD's are easier for the boys to use...

What else is new. Seems nothing is made in the good ole' USA.
Me myself , I'm getting sick and tiered of everything not being made here. While millions are out of work just because of this.

Honda engines are available on a number of FWD mowers, but as you said, all Honda-branded mowers are RWD.

As far as I know, the Craftsman decks (actually made by American Yard Products) are made in the United States, and the Honda engines are made at the Honda Power Equipment Manufacturing, Inc. facility in Swepsonville, North Carolina.

Regardless of where it's made, the Toro is probably still better than most of the other garbage that's out there.

Some might be assembled in Mexico, but like said, most mowers for use in the States are made in the states as far as I know. Safety regulations maybe? I don't know.

OT, but I know a few years back, chain stores like PepBoys were selling larger 2-stage snowblowers that definitely looked like Chinese imports, but I haven't seen them in a good 3yrs now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back