Idemitsu 0w-20

Status
Not open for further replies.
LMVCFcf.jpg

Originally Posted By: skyship
The far Eastern mixers like their Boron a lot in the thin oils and although the anti wear adds look good, it is a tad short on detergents.

because everything shows up in a VOA?? right amIRIGHT?

Just check out the sm version on the same page.
Originally Posted By: LeakySeals
Can somebody determine the TBN from whats there?

Idemitsu is one of my favorite oil producers. I am currently running their 0W20 and it is an excellent oil, thanks for sharing your VOA.

Too bad Honda dumped them for COP up here. I will have to go to Subaru or Mazda to buy some and cringe to pay more than the 6.50/L I was paying at Acura as a preferential price as I am in auto mechanics and I own a Honda.

Any word on what people pay for Idemitsu 0W20 at Mazda and Subaru dealerships to know how far you can bargain them down?

I paid $6.56/qt for mine. That was a case quantity price. It costs above $7 individually. I figured since the car takes around 4.5 qt per OC I would buy enough for three OC's since I bought that many OEM filters online. My local Mazda dealership says they will match any online OEM Mazda parts/supplies price.

Originally Posted By: Rand
Originally Posted By: skyship
The far Eastern mixers like their Boron a lot in the thin oils and although the anti wear adds look good, it is a tad short on detergents.

because everything shows up in a VOA?? right amIRIGHT?

No, because they don't test for everything and you don't know exactly which compounds are used, but they do give a very good idea, although this VOA has no TBN to figure out the probable effect of the total detergents.

Originally Posted By: Falken
Idemitsu is one of my favorite oil producers. I am currently running their 0W20 and it is an excellent oil, thanks for sharing your VOA.

Too bad Honda dumped them for COP up here. I will have to go to Subaru or Mazda to buy some and cringe to pay more than the 6.50/L I was paying at Acura as a preferential price as I am in auto mechanics and I own a Honda.

Any word on what people pay for Idemitsu 0W20 at Mazda and Subaru dealerships to know how far you can bargain them down?

The sample I posted was taken from a new one gallon container. I found it on amazon.com for $26.97 U.S. dollars, and that price included shipping.

Originally Posted By: cp3
Too bad Honda dumped them for COP up here.

When did this happen?

Have you found Idemitsu at a Mazda dealer?

I recently got Mazda' new "0w20 GF5 with Moly" which is made by Idemitsu.

Originally Posted By: cp3
Too bad Honda dumped them for COP up here.

When did this happen?

Have you found Idemitsu at a Mazda dealer?

It hasn't happened as far as I know.
As of January, Canadian Honda/Acura dealers are still getting the Idemitsu made bottled oils including the high moly SM OW-20. If anyone still has doubts, drop by a Honda/Acura dealer and snap a photo of their 0W-20 bottle and post it.

This Idemitsu SM 0W-20 VOA looks very much like the Idemitsu made Subaru 0W-20.

Canadian Mazda dealers have their 0W-20 supplied by Petro-Canada.

I'm continually confused by Honda's oil supplier, at least for the US. Is it Conoco-Philips or is it Idemitsu?

OP, this was Idemitsu-branded 0W-20, right, not Honda's 0W-20?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back