just started another kreen cycle..

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just added my first dose to the current fill in my F150. Half in the gas and half in the oil. Never added it to gas before..
Anyway my current fill has 800 miles on it and still looks like new oil. The oil never gets very dark on the stick with 5k ocis so I will be monitoring color as one point of reference. I will also be taking oil fill pics and disectecting the filter afterward. I have current fill hole pics for reference.

My plan is to run 4 quarts threw the engine, both in the gas and oil in this oci. But that is subject to change depending on other factors. I hope this becomes a thread filled with remarkable results!

So you added Kreen to oil with 800 miles on it?

And its the same oil you always use so you will know by the stick if its unusually dark?

How long do you plan to leave it in the oil?

It evaporates so im going to add more when the oil level drops back to full or 1000 miles, oci legth depends on the condition of the oil, but im aiming for 4k

Fyi every oil I have ran in it stayed pretty clean on the stick. The engine has no sludge, just varnish so there is really nothing for it to dissolve that would discolor it. See my other thread on page 2 or 3 labeled 5.4 with varnish for reference pics.

So far I have ran PP, PU, synpower, napa syn, Formula shell syn, gtx hm, etc in this truck. The darkest drains were when MMO or Kreen was added to the oil.
It has a 7 quart sump btw, and its my opinion that the extra capacity helps the oil to look clean longer.

Last edited:
Get rid of varnish and clean ring pacs.
Pulling the vc is a pain, so before and afters of the internals are probably not going to happen and pulling the plugs is risky so compression tests are not going to happen either. So the only thing we have for reference is oil fill hole pics, mpg, and filter inspection.

Heres the fill hole before. Its got some varnish on the phaser and timing cover as you can see.

20130112_231141.jpg

20130112_234328.jpg

My old 2v had chocolate come out for the first 15000 miles I had it. I was using Amsoil at the time. After those 3 oil changes I couldn't get the oil even black with 5000 mile(8000km) oil changes. That included about 30,15 pound bottles of nitrous run through it,dyno tuning and 5 test and tune nights as well as 3 street legal racing nights.
It it ain't broke.........

1150 miles in. The oil level has dropped back to full and it no longer smells like kreen anymore. Here's a pick of the stick. Pretty clean. Added another 1/2 qt to he gas and oil.

20130303_112848_zps49654484.jpg

Originally Posted By: electrolover
They don't have pics because it doesn't work. But that's not to the purpose here. They keep startng threads to get people talking about this garbage.

So where are they? The before pics?

Last edited:
My before pics are at the top of the thread. The othe pics are after using kreen again. I will post more pics every time I add more kreen.

Why are you bringing stuff in from another thread? Troll!

Pretty dang interesting seeing a person do actual before and after photography inside an engine. Good job elctrolover.

Originally Posted By: electrolover
So hows your kreening goin?

Not bad at all, I'm running Formula Shell and MoS2 now no Kreen. You seen to be getting faster results than I did.

Its been a non stop thing since I got the truck. I kreened it once before and then ran mmo a lot since the last time I pulled the vc. I'm hoping this will be it and all varrnish will be gone, but I'm realistic. Most of the areas that still have varnish are splash oiled so they my need manual cleaning one day.

Maybe I will pull the vc again after I get done. But I still have two more qts of kreen on the shelf.

It does seem to have a little more pep now, but I think that is mainly from running it in the fuel

Mine had a slight lifter tick which is completely gone, and it is cleaning up the varnish. The engine runs great, but in all fairness I did a complete tune up right after I started Kreening it.

The pictures I've taken aren't showing the improvement as well as I hoped they would. If I can get my hands on a better camera I'll take more and post them. Your pictures are better, nice report!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back