just mailed off my first voa today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I just sent in my first sample to blackstone. I was expecting to get a hard time at the post office, but the experience was actually pleasant. I used the blackstone kit and when I maid it to the teller I told him I wanted to mail it. Before he could say anything I told him it wasn't bodily fluid or anything and his response was " so your getting some oil checked out?" I was surprised. Turns out he's a member of a Harley forum that uses blackstone. He said the bottle had all the proper labeling and it would be no problem.

Im very pleased that people recognize blackstone and understand the importance of oil sampling. I think its mainly because of this site that so many are getting educated. Its nice to not always be the weird oil nerd.

Wade the postman, if your reading this, thanks for the help today. I will look for you in the future when I need to send an oil sample.

Btw it was a voa of joe gibbs break in oil. Its supposed to be amazingly awesome. We are gonna find out why.

I've found that I have the best luck to put it in a small cardboard box (like 5" x 5" x 3"), and to simply address it to "Blackstone". If I do so, it arrives there in two or three days.

If I don't, and mail it in the black bottle, it takes seven to ten days to arrive there.

I hope you are getting a TBN. I prefer Polaris/OAI. The B/S comments really annoy me.

B/S is geared towards automobile enthusiasts while Polaris is geared more toward commercial and industrial.

The number of people who are doing a UOA on their personal (not fleet or racing) automobile/light truck is around 44,141 people.

Originally Posted By: electrolover
Why would I get a tbn for an oil that is not recommended to go past 500 miles?

TBN is more than just how long an oil can continue to protect an engine. If something contaimnated the oil, the TBN may show it. I think its always a good idea.

Originally Posted By: Donald
Originally Posted By: electrolover
Why would I get a tbn for an oil that is not recommended to go past 500 miles?

TBN is more than just how long an oil can continue to protect an engine. If something contaimnated the oil, the TBN may show it. I think its always a good idea.

Well when you send off a voa of break in oil you can pay for the tbn. I just wanted to see the add pack. I have a feeling its just a non detergent oil with a but load of zddp.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back