any shelf seal conditioners out there?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there anything out there to convert regular oil to a hm oil? Like shelf seal condioner that works? Besides Auto-Rx

I think Lubro Moly Oil Saver is a extremely great product. You could order it from NAPA and perhaps Advanced Auto. My brothers car burns almost a quart every 1,000 miles, has bad or worn valve seals. He has tried many high mileage oils and they help a bit, maybe get him to 2,000 at the most. He is now going about 4,000 miles on a quart of oil using Lubro Moly Oil Saver and I know he is running G-Oil at this time, because I had some to give away. I more inclined to think Lubro Moly is doing more than G-Oil, but I'm never 100% certain. For $7.00 dollars it worth a try using Lubro Moly Oil Saver, they are a very reputable company. I have already talked to Lubro Moly/Liqui Moly and they have told me this product isn't design to thicken oil visc. It is a additive to condition seals.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: electrolover
Is there anything out there to convert regular oil to a hm oil? Like shelf seal condioner that works? Besides Auto-Rx

HM oils have seal swellers, most synthetic oils have seal conditioners.

Auto-Rx or synthetic oil are the only things I would use.

Originally Posted By: Topo
I think Lubro Moly Oil Saver is a extremely great product. You could order it from NAPA and perhaps Advanced Auto. My brothers car burns almost a quart every 1,000 miles, has bad or worn valve seals. He has tried many high mileage oils and they help a bit, maybe get him to 2,000 at the most. He is now going about 4,000 miles on a quart of oil using Lubro Moly Oil Saver and I know he is running G-Oil at this time, because I had some to give away. I more inclined to think Lubro Moly is doing more than G-Oil, but I'm never 100% certain. For $7.00 dollars it worth a try using Lubro Moly Oil Saver, they are a very reputable company. I have already talked to Lubro Moly/Liqui Moly and they have told me this product isn't design to thicken oil visc. It is a additive to condition seals.

+1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back