Pentosin Motor Oils

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been really wanting to try a German Made motor oil besides German Castrol. LiquiMoly 0w-30 or 0w-40 Fully Synthetic were my choices, but now Ive found GoodOl Pentosin for Good prices($27.40 for 5 Liters) at GermanAutoParts.com,..the Vehicles it will be going

probably great stuff, I have been wanting to try it in the Audi, but I'm right where you are with the GC, it's great oil, but it would be nice to try something else

They are good but what is the engine it is going into? The specs are not extremely impressive. I think we put too much "awe" in those German oils because we think everything made in Germany must be the best, flawed thinking in many ways.

You can get lubro moly from ebay for about the same price as other syns.
I thought about getting some but I kinda doubt its worth the money for anything I own.

Good oil, I'm sure, but one would have to fit the oil to the application. I don't think they make a lot of ILSAC type oils, if any at all. For the European specs, it looks like they have plent of options.

The vehicles it will be going into are a 2001 Jeep Cherokee 4.0 with 64,820 miles, another 2001 Jeep Cherokee 4.0 with 121,551 miles, and a 1993 Chevy 1500 with a 118,??? mile 350 thats been abused heavily. My Jeep is the low mile 2001, and I really want to give Her Motul 300V Trophy 0w-40 or Motul 300V Chrono 10w-40 since she dosent leak a drop, yet, and She usually gets driven with Enthusiasm, but I also am kinda fond of LiquiMoly, having used their 5w-40 and Motor Saver before. The 121,551 mile Cherokee is my Moms, and usually gets driven around town, very easily, with 1 or 2 Highway trips a week. It has a rear main leak, of course, but this Will be fixed by the time of next oil change. The 1993 Chevy is my dads, gets driven short Trips around town, maby 3,000 miles total per year. Dads pure German, a Mueller, and would think a German made oil such as LiquiMoly or Pentosin is pretty cool. Mom dosent care, just as long as Her Jeep dosent leak any more than it already does. It wont after I get new rear main seal in there. I would like to use LiquiMoly Long Life Fully Synthetic 0w-40 for Moms Jeep and Dads Chevy. Any Suggestions would be Highly appreciated.

True, but still overkill for a North American application with nothing in the way of fancy oil requirements. A small block Chev, for instance, does not require anything remotely approaching VW 505.05 to hit hundreds of thousands of miles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back