Car Quest Filter 85049 Anti-drain valve?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello:
I got a V6 231 Buick motor that I just uprated the filter mount to accept 13/16 inch spin on filters (vs. the stock M18 mount, which offers little choice in filter types)

At anyrate I cross referanced a Car Quest 85049 filter as a nice upgrade, it is supposed to have an anti drain back valve, but I look at it at dont see the rubber valve behind each inlet hole.

Is there some other type of anti drain back valve that is not visiable, or is this filter missing it?

At anyrate I need an antidrain valve , it was specified for this engine, the filter mounts horizontaly.

Is the the Car Quest filter I bought a good quality? (assuming it has a hiden anti drain valve)

The engine has an uprated oil system (twice stock pressure). The very small orignal filter had the internals crushed as it could not handle the flow rate. (hence my quest for the larger filter, increased flow ability)

My guess would be if you don't see black nitrile or silicone that is orange behind the inlet holes (small holes surrounding the large center hole that threads to the engine block), you don't have an ADBV at all.

My guess would be to check another brand's inlet holes in a store or something.

My filter mounts horizontally too... I always make sure I have silicone ADBV behind those holes or I would never use it.

I couldn't even find that filter on Carquests website? I crossed it to a WIX 51049 and it doesn't have an ADBV either. The shorter version of that filter (51258) does show an ADBV though. Strange. The Baldwin B9 and the Fram PH11 are both long filters and do have an ADBV.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back