XenTx

Status
Not open for further replies.
quote:

Originally posted by MolaKule:
It WOULD be interesting to see a side-by-side test and UOA of say Chevron Supreme 5W30 or SuperTech 5W30 with AND without Xentx. I would think those pushing and supporting this product would conduct said test and report results, or give the product to a third party and have them do it.
There are engine dyno tests that were done last year that a race engine builder performed on 3 differerent engines before and after Xentx with havaline 10w40 used as the base oil. The tests included oil analysis at various stages during the testing protocol. I am aware of many ongoing tests currently being performed as well as I would estimate dozens of other varied tests which were performed over the years. I imagine EMTA will release test results on their website as they see fit. I can't speak for them.

quote:

Originally posted by wulimaster:
I can also tell you that after a short while you can drain the oil and not find any Xentx in it.

Heh, I'm starting to think this additive is LEAD NAPHTHENATE based as for my knowlege it chemically changes within 24h and completely desappears in few hours...
grin.gif
Anyway I don't really understand why they don't want to declare the main ingredient... I mean.... the full formula ingredients would be fair to remain secret but the main ingredient... why don't tell.... I would never trust products that apply such kind of approach to the customer.

I don't know if it's a good product or not, but I will say that it's kind of expensive. I went to their website from the link in this thread and clicked on all of the places that supposedly sell Xentx. Not one of them have it listed. It may be available instore at some of them, but it seems odd to list all those companies, most of which don't appear to sell the product. Seems like the only ones selling it is Xentx themselves.

At $80 a gallon, I'll pass for now. If some real evidence is made available to us that Xentx really works and if the gas savings justify the expenditure to buy the product AND it can be shown that the product does no harm, then I will be very interested in trying it.

quote:

Originally posted by Supersprint:
Originally posted by wulimaster:
I can also tell you that after a short while you can drain the oil and not find any Xentx in it.

Heh, I'm starting to think this additive is LEAD NAPHTHENATE based as for my knowlege it chemically changes within 24h and completely desappears in few hours...
grin.gif
Anyway I don't really understand why they don't want to declare the main ingredient... I mean.... the full formula ingredients would be fair to remain secret but the main ingredient... why don't tell.... I would never trust products that apply such kind of approach to the customer.
[/QUOTE

LEAD NAPHTHENATE for those of you who don't know what this product is: it is a yellow to brown resinous liquid, combustible, complex carboxylic acid derived as a by-product of petroleum distillation and has from 10-22% by weight of metal. Interesting, although their MSDS claims non-flammable and no metals.?????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back