Cabin Filters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who do you guys like when it comes to cabin filters?

Both of the vehicles in my signature will be due come spring. In the past, I've used MicronAir filters in the Saturn and NAPA/WIX in the Nissan. Is it worth paying more for something like the Fram Fresh Breeze?

I just use the Puro BreatheEasy filters sold at AAP. They look just like the oem in my Honda's and looked like the Altima oem when I owned it. I can use an AAP code and reduce the ridiculous list cost. Cabin filter prices a rule are whacked for what they are.

Never tried the Fram Fresh Breeze because I read somewhere they cause a flow restrction, though I can't confirm that as fact.

Addendum, I've read where the Fram Fresh Breeze causes 'excessive' air restriction. Whatever, I've been satisfied with the Puro BreatheEasy CAF's

Whatevers cheapest here. I mostly just need to keep sand/leaves/dust from annoying me...any of the "micro" filtering I hardly see as a big deal, unless you have respiratory reasons for it.

For my 530i, the NPN charcoal activated ones are the best fit. I tried some other brand before and I wasn't happy with the fit.

I've been happy with the OE Nissan MicronAir Filter for my mother's 2010 Altima.

I have found that the premium cabin filters have thicker material. For instance, the OE honda cabin filters have a thicker material than the $7 NAPA pro-select cabin filters that I have for the same application.

I use the Delco OEM's in our Chevy's and the Caddy. Strangely enough, my 2006 Ford Freestyle doesn't have one. My 1999 Ford Windstar did... I used Motorcraft for the Windstar.

I have heard of people cutting down furnace filters to fit the housing. Never tried it, but seems it would work just as well at a fraction of the cost...

I cut the home furnace filter to use in my S2000. I also cut furnace filter and use it as pre-filters on my S2000 and E430, I place it on the windshield cowl where the air flows into the cabin. After 3-4 k miles the pre-filters look very dirty.

I get mine from eBay. They aren't branded, but they're made in Israel (out of all places) and they feel sturdy. Relatively inexpensive too.

I tried a Fram once and the one that Amazon said was supposed to fit my car didn't.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Chris142
Maybe k&n will come out with some high flow cleanable cabin filters

** DANG! You beat me to this one! LOL

JP

I have been using WIX cabin air filters.
My local Bumper to Bumper is having some kind of WIX filter sale next week, up to 75% off all WIX filters. So I'll probably by some oil, air and cabin filters!
thumbsup2.gif

JP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back