"Not available in Minnesota."

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess it's too hard for them to source some US made ones for shipment to MN. I mean, how many people live there? They can take the loss.

They sell CARB approved Chonda motors for California...

Originally Posted By: Rand
and even some.. {gasp} usa made products there too.

The Good Year air hose comes to mind....
I'm racking my brain to think of anything else right now.

Originally Posted By: eljefino
I guess it's too hard for them to source some US made ones for shipment to MN. I mean, how many people live there? They can take the loss.

They sell CARB approved Chonda motors for California...

They only have 3 stores here in MN, so it's probably not worth it to go out of the way to get them.

On the other hand, how hard would it be to sell US made flags at all their stores nationwide?

As much as I don't care where my stuff is made, IMO flying your own nation's flag made in another country doesn't seem to make sense to me. Might as well not fly it.

The Olympic uniform is another one, they should have made them here even at a loss just for the brand image or political correctness.

Go and find the soda can wall crusher they sell in the catalog and find what states restrict the sale of that item too. Amazing. I agree with the sale of American Flag thing but having someone restrict my can crushing is absurd.

Originally Posted By: Timothy Ferguson
Go and find the soda can wall crusher they sell in the catalog and find what states restrict the sale of that item too. Amazing. I agree with the sale of American Flag thing but having someone restrict my can crushing is absurd.

The can crushers are not available in Iowa, Michigan, and Oregon. That's because those states have a deposit on cans that you get back when you return them, but they can't be crushed. I don't think the sale of crushers is restricted in those states, but I doubt anyone would buy them so they don't stock them.

Hello, It would be nice if U.S. flags were made here. It would be nicer if the underlying causes for the resentment didn't exist. 1) Instantaneous removal of jobs to overseas sources: SEEMED TO HAPPEN OVERNIGHT. 2) Absence of fair wages paid to people anywhere they work: THE COMPANIES SOLD US OUT AND WE JUST KEEP BUYING WHATEVER'S FOR SALE. 3) Utterly non-productive communications on the subject: PEOPLE JUST SPOUT BACK ANYTHING THEY HEAR ON THE RADIO OR TV. We wallow in ignorance-frequently with our mouths open. We turned a blind eye to fairness. We abandoned selectivity in the market place. To a degree, we deserve what we got. Kira

If for no other reason than national pride, it should be illegal to sell any flag mot made in the USA. I am in and out of town halls . I see some fine buildings and town commons with tall white flagpoles and a good sized flag flying against a blue sky. It is a stirring sight.

I think government agencies should be forced to buy us made products and services.

However flags it is a feel good law nothing else.Protectionism.

Originally Posted By: Tempest
Quote:
Absence of fair wages paid to people anywhere they work:

What is a "fair" wage?

Yeah, I know that your children working under a running cotton gin is what made the country great, but (allegedly) Henry Ford realised that if his employees couldn't afford his cars, there was a problem.

Everybody "else" is always underqualified and overpaid.

Kinda surprise with the profound number of free market and lay off government people on this website that this has such strong support. Seems kinda inconsistent. Of course, I am for it, but I like regulations.

ref

I think stores should be free to sell stuff made anywhere but the COO must be easily seen on the package. I only buy USA made flags but the gov't has no business telling me where a product can come from.

In the same spirit as the USA flags can only come from USA law, should it be illegal for US manufacturers to make flags from other countries? Is it okay to manufacture Canada flags in USA?

Originally Posted By: refaller
Kinda surprise with the profound number of free market and lay off government people on this website that this has such strong support. Seems kinda inconsistent. Of course, I am for it, but I like regulations.

ref

Let me put it this way.

I'm against protectionism, but I'm also against hypocrisy. So either fly a flag made in the nation or don't fly it.

I'm also against mandatory flag flying, and I would not fly a flag in front of my house or business.

On one hand, I get the "if there's one got dangit thing 'Murica makes anymore it's the got dangit flag" sentiment. I wouldn't bother flying a flag made in China. I don't know if it warrants a law though.

Does flag production really mean anything when nearly all of our textile industry went overseas in a matter of a few years? Entire towns and communities were forced to seek work elsewhere, like Harbor Freight, Wal-Mart, and every other store BITOGers love to hate.

Feel good 'Murica laws might feel good, but at the end of the day they probably don't help anything.

I find the law quite nutty, especially for being made in 2007.
21.gif
but that's just me. Didn't know you could legislate patriotism.

Originally Posted By: 01rangerxl

Feel good 'Murica laws might feel good, but at the end of the day they probably don't help anything.

Actually, I think this should be a law in every nation that people should only fly flags made in their own nations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back