Autozone oil?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got a flyer today at work from autozone, and through our commercial account here at work I can get Conventional AZ oil 5 qt. jugs for $11.95, and Full syn for $14.95, is this good oil?

Originally Posted By: driver123
I got a flyer today at work from autozone, and through our commercial account here at work I can get Conventional AZ oil 5 qt. jugs for $11.95, and Full syn for $14.95, is this good oil?

It is SN and GF5 so it meets today specs. Can't see any reason not to trust it. I would suspect it to be made by Valvoline since all there advertisements and videos always use Valvoline products in them.

it is blended by warren distribution. every vehicle i have run it in has run very smooth and quiet. it should be the same formulation as warren's accel brand oil. this goes for both conventional and synthetic. peak or mag 1 would be the step-up oil.

Originally Posted By: salv
it is blended by warren distribution. every vehicle i have run it in has run very smooth and quiet. it should be the same formulation as warren's accel brand oil. this goes for both conventional and synthetic. peak or mag 1 would be the step-up oil.

Pure conjecture.. Do you have any facts to support your tiered product theory? When I was at AZ the other day, WPP was not making the oil they had on the shelf.

Originally Posted By: 92saturnsl2
Originally Posted By: salv

Pure conjecture.. Do you have any facts to support your tiered product theory? When I was at AZ the other day, WPP was not making the oil they had on the shelf.

I've noticed that mindset too. Not every store brand is "made by Warren". I don't think AAP's or O'Reilly's house brands are either.

I've noticed a lot of off brand / house brand oils switching to oils blended by JD Streett. Look for JDS on the bottom of the bottle, or often a St. Louis address will be on the bottle.

NOBODY is going to jeopardize their reputation by putting out a sub-standard product. Buy and use with confidence. NEXT!!!!

Originally Posted By: DinoOil
NOBODY is going to jeopardize their reputation by putting out a sub-standard product. Buy and use with confidence. NEXT!!!!

I wouldn't be so sure of that.

There's a reason we have Consumer Affairs.

Originally Posted By: Zaedock

I wouldn't be so sure of that.

There's a reason we have Consumer Affairs.

Really?!? In this day and age? - When anyone and everyone can go online and complain about anything ranging from a "off tasting" ice cream cone to why "I didn't like the plumbing work done on my house because I saw too much of the plumber's but crack? Word gets spread around at LIGHTNING speed these days. Corporations are all too aware of that.

Nice try tho...

Originally Posted By: KCJeep
http://www.pqiamerica.com/database.html

Poke through here a bit. Not every bottle of oil is what it's claimed to be.

Corporations are all too aware of that. Nice try tho...

http://www.pqiamerica.com/CityStar NC.html

Ok. Nice Website. So what? Virtually NOBODY is going to sift thru this website.
Bottom line is we live in the information age. This website is a great example of it.
Manufacturers, companies, developers, etc, etc... can't do what they've done in the past and get away with it in this day and age....

Again, let it be said again. Buy with confidence. Amen. NEXT!!!!

Manufacturers, companies, developers, etc, etc... can't do what they've done in the past and get away with it in this day and age....

In a perfect world. Next!

Getting back on topic....I'll be stopping by AZ this week. I'll take a look at the house oil bottles.

In a perfect world. Next!

Getting back on topic....I'll be stopping by AZ this week. I'll take a look at the house oil bottles.

I didn't think we went off topic. Bottom line - none of us should be worried about what we grab from the shelf - even if we were blind. Lol.

Glad that we could go back and forth in a civil manner.
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back