"Not available in Minnesota."

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently received a Harbor Freight sales flyer. Of course everything's priced ridiculously low (but that's another subject). I noticed the "3 ft. x 5 ft. American flag with embroidered stars... $7.95" had the footnote "Not available in Minnesota." Why is that? Maybe someone from Minnesota can help with the answer?

Originally Posted By: Timothy Ferguson
The flag on harbor freight is made in China. MN has a law that makes it a crime to sell an American flag made anywhere but USA.

Ah, I kinda' thought that...

The flag on EVERYTHING @ harbor freight is made in China. MN has a law that makes it a crime to sell an American flag made anywhere but USA.

made the slightest of corrections for ya
grin.gif

The flag on harbor freight is made in China. MN has a law that makes it a crime to sell an American flag made anywhere but USA.

Good for them. As it should be.

Originally Posted By: JHZR2

+1

Jesse Ventura make that law?

Originally Posted By: LeakySeals

Probably, 'MERICA.

Works for me.

I am a fan of the law myself. I buy my Dad, a Navy Vet, a new flag every year for Veterans Day. He flies his flag 365, and after a year it can be pretty tattered. You can really tell the difference in the US made flags. They aren't nearly as worn after a year as the China made flags were. They were practically shredded.

+1, I like this thread!

Here in San Antonio we have the Dixie Flag Company. I think they have the world record for making the biggest U.S. Flag. So down here we don't even have to buy one that's not made in Texas! (even better)
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: earlyre
The flag on EVERYTHING @ harbor freight is made in China. MN has a law that makes it a crime to sell an American flag made anywhere but USA.

made the slightest of corrections for ya
grin.gif

would be funnier if it was true.

but since its bashing harbor freight..everyone will just cheer for ya :p

while a large number ARE made in china.. I'd say less than half... they sell alot of Taiwan, mexico, and even some.. {gasp} usa made products there too.

Last edited:

Nope, Jesse was governor from 1999-2003. This bill was passed in 2007 and went into effect Jan 1, 2008.

Hello all,

I fly a (made in USA) [Nylon] flag from April thru November.

They were getting ripped from the wind & I could
only get 1 year out of a flag ($20.00).

But, after noticing where they were ripping -
Along the sewed seams & corners farthest from pole.

I can now get 2-3 years out of a flag by:
Apply a small amount of Super Glue to where I know the
flag will ripe.

Warning: The glue will stiffen the nylon flag, so I only apply the glue in small areas.

Works good though.
After 3 years, the flag is sligtly ripped,
and greatly faded.

I think when the USA flag was designed, they knew they will rip in the wind.
Thats why the Stars are on the inside.

Larry

I'm back.

Now that I think of it, what I might try next is -
Loctite
Vinyl, Fabric & Plastic
Flexible Adhesive
It comes in a small tube.

Aslong as it adheres to the nylon, it may prevent the problem of stiffness with the Super Glue.

Originally Posted By: Brenden

Probably, 'MERICA.

MURRICA.

I do agree on that law.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back