VQ35 PLASTIC INTAKE MANIFOLD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would the normal PEA CLEANERS IE: GUMOUT REGANE REDLINE SL 1 CHEVRON TECHRON be safe in my newer gen VQ35 with the plastic INTAKE MANIFOLD?

Thanks Graham

Last edited:
I believe Nissan recommends AGAINST fuel additives. I'd just use a Top Tier Gas (Exxon, Shell, Chevron, etc) and be done with it.

Originally Posted By: Boomer
I believe Nissan recommends AGAINST fuel additives. I'd just use a Top Tier Gas (Exxon, Shell, Chevron, etc) and be done with it.

YOU'RE RIGHT IM OVER THINKING IT

I got a bad batch of fuel at hess ran rough at first but drove the [censored] out of it and it seems to be getting better. Sounded like it was missing

I believe Nissan recommends AGAINST fuel additives. I'd just use a Top Tier Gas (Exxon, Shell, Chevron, etc)
Chevron gasoline contains Techron, so I would assume using Techron separately wouldn't be a problem.

I think that the issue with Nissan is that the carrier oils in additives can cause some decomposition of the converter. Nissan has had an issue with failed converter pieces being sucked back into the engine and ruining the engine block.

Originally Posted By: Grambo
Would the normal PEA CLEANERS IE: GUMOUT REGANE REDLINE SL 1 CHEVRON TECHRON be safe in my newer gen VQ35 with the plastic INTAKE MANIFOLD?

Thanks Graham

Almost any modern car, yours included have a "Dry" intake that does not contain any fuel so the additive you choose will not be an issue.

There are too many cars with too many different drivers running all over the world in differing duty cycles to just state flatly that you do not need an additive. Sometimes it is needed and can help, it's just that they are typically over used.

techron should be ok its in gas anyway.

Maybe avoid "oil" based additives.

ex lucas, fp60,mmo,tcw3

Last edited:
You "really" want an installed in-the-rail pro pressurised cleaner - nothing going through the tank and pump and filter. In the tank stuff has never done anything for me reliably. I get terrible fuel up here on a regular basis.
Now, I got a bad tank of #2 oil at home just in time for the coldest week of the year and its killing my oil burner! Sludged 3 tank filters (1 string pre + foam post) filters and clogged 3 nozzles in 3 days. I have a delavan inline post pump (high pressure)filter on order; i use Hago nozzles when I can get them ... . ;(

Last edited:

In fairness, most manufacturers recommend against fuel additives, unless they sell one themselves. With there being no standard or certification for fuel additives, they'd be silly not to recommend against them. You and I both know that something like Regane or Techron is head and shoulders above some $1 special no name injector cleaner and is safe to use, but the average motorist subscribes to either buying the cheapest garbage or the most expensive snake oil or the more is better camp.

I just don't understand the question about plastic intake manifold vs fuel system cleaner. You thought it will melt the manifold?

the answer lies here, credit the Mopar Man

""Almost any modern car, yours included have a "Dry" intake that does not contain any fuel so the additive you choose will not be an issue.""

I got a bad batch of fuel at hess ran rough at first but drove the [censored] out of it and it seems to be getting better. Sounded like it was missing

That doesnt seem to be a first time for Hess Gas.

No MORE HESS GAS FOR ME, I FILLED UP WITH SHELL 93 RUNNING PERFECTLY. DO NOT FILL UP UP WITH HESS!

No more HIT OR MISS LITERALLY Whether Is was A little water in the FUEL OR TOO MUCH [censored] ETHANOL

No more HIT OR MISS LITERALLY Whether Is was A little water in the FUEL OR TOO MUCH [censored] ETHANOL

I think they are putting a double dose of Ethanol in the fuel now. Because my millage is down to 15.5mpg`s. And so is my Father in law`s Lincoln. Now my wife`s Mercedes is able to use E85 fuel, so her millage is in the mid 18`s to 19 mpg`s. (I checked all of them due to mine being so bad right now)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back