Baldwin B2 with MoS2 Cut Open

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: sayjac
Thanks to an old thread dating to 05 by member Big O Dave I was able to answer my question. The B2 does use thread end bypass but not all Baldwins do, some use dome. It's an excellent thread by the way, with some pics, information, and specs that are still relevant.

Virgin Filter Photos & Measurements

Notice the slits around the extension on the base end of the canister ... must be part of the base end bypass valve.

BaldwinB2.jpg

Yeah, besides reading BOD'd spreadsheet info I was able to confirm by zooming in on his pic and besides the holes I was able to see what looks to be an internal spring apparatus similar other thread end bypass designs. Just didn't remember seeing a Baldwin thread end bypass. Big O Dave did a nice job on that dissection, pics and spreadsheet.

Big O Dave did a nice job on that dissection, pics and spreadsheet.

For sure ... top notch info there.
thumbsup2.gif

Actually I can't see the difference and I see no thread end bypass apparatus in either filter. Just asking to OP to show a pic down the center tube for a closer look.

Your pic show no thread end bypass either, just the centertube extention which hold the adbv.

Edit: When I zoom in I now see what may be holes around the centertube extention for thread end bypass.

Just to clarify, I did state that my pic was of a non-bypassed B43-S.

KCJeep,

Z06s paper towel trick works great!

Originally Posted By: cp3
Actually I can't see the difference and I see no thread end bypass apparatus in either filter. Just asking to OP to show a pic down the center tube for a closer look.

Your pic show no thread end bypass either, just the centertube extention which hold the adbv.

Edit: When I zoom in I now see what may be holes around the centertube extention for thread end bypass.

Just to clarify, I did state that my pic was of a non-bypassed B43-S....

Which would have been clear-er had it not been followed by "I am assuming this is the bypass" Wasn't sure what "this" referred to. Anyway irrelevant now I found Big O Daves' defining speadsheet and picture thread showing a close up of thread end bypass on the B2 which is what I wanted to see to begin with.

Sorry, been away, yes it's a thread end bypass, but I see you all got it figured out.

Good additional pics above. The one ZeeOsix posted is a good shot of the easiest way I know of to spot a thread end bypass.

I just checked another filter, it had the same gasket marks on it as well, barely, but they went all the way around. So I guess all is good, but I hadn't noticed it before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back