I chose Gumout Regane over Seafoam....

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had the tank down VERY low today. 4 gallons. I put in two bottles of the high-mileage (orange not yellow) Gumout with Regane, and I decided this over SeaFoam. I still have half a bottle of Redline SI-1, which I *had* been "maintenance dosing* (1-2oz. each fill up, due to Redline's extreme potency,) but this time I used two Gumout Reganes.

Did I do the right thing, by NOT putting Seafoam in that low tank?

Goal is keeping injectors clean, taking advantage of the one time the tank is low, as it usually doesn't get much lower than a half a tank, or never lower than 1/3 lol. More like 1/2
smile.gif

Seafoam really isn't strong enough to clean the fuel system. If I'm informed correctly regane contains pea,which is far more effective at cleaning the fuel system than alcohol.
Seefoam works great through the vacuum lines and in the intake but I think even a full can would be too diluted to do much in a full tank of gas.

That will definitely work but you used twice the quantity you should have.

It was proven in the original testing that extra dosing does nothing except drain your wallet. In cases of extreme neglect, doses towards the stronger end can cause damage by dislodging too much from the fuel tank.

Gumout products are made by Sopus / Shell.

The guys who make great fuels and engine oils that are highly regarded on this site.

I trust their products over all others except Red Line Complete for FSCers.

I am using even their lowly Gumout FI Cleaner as I am a very short tripper in extreme temps and it is working very well. Restoring the responsiveness and FE from when I drove it off the lot with 12km on the clock.

Wait for half price sales on Gumout products, especially North of the border, they are $$$

BTW, I have a half bottle of Red Line Complete that is tightly capped and stored indoors that is over a year old, should I toss it or use it? Does it go "bad"?

I really like the Regane HM, but you overcooked this. It should have been one bottle in a FULL tank of fuel. Use when lots of short trips are expected, not a highway run.

Personally, I have moved on from Regane HM to Gumout complete fuel system cleaner. You get two treatments out of one bottle and I have seen just as good of results with it and it has PEA. It is a great choice for the budget minded person.

Originally Posted By: GearheadTool

Did I do the right thing,

NO.

But don't worry, no matter what anyone advises you, you still won't do the right thing. Don't let that ever stop you (hasn't yet).

two bottles treat 42 gallons so you were 10X recommended concentration. how did it run?

also fuel gauges are not very accurate maybe it was only 2 gallons of fuel left?

Originally Posted By: surfstar
Originally Posted By: GearheadTool

Did I do the right thing,

NO.

But don't worry, no matter what anyone advises you, you still won't do the right thing. Don't let that ever stop you (hasn't yet).

Quote of the year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back