another lucas thread....

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been trying to search info on lucas oil stabilizer and its hard to come up with anything because all of the research was done so many years ago.

Could you guys help me compile data in this thread please? Like voas and uoas data sheets....stuff that.

It would be cool to get all the FACTS in one thread.

Now I know its not very well respected here but lets not have a flame war or arguement here please. Im already assuming everyone feels its junk and leave it on the shelf and oil doesn't need to be stabilized so theres no need for those comments...

It sounds like it is for a problem that doesn't exist anymore. What does Lucas claim? When did they originally make their claims and who has verified or tested their products?
Sometimes old products work well on old engines...

*edit*

Oooops wasn't suppose to post negative comments.
grin.gif

Last edited:
At least you get a response. People hate it so much that they dont even respond to my questions. I started about five threads on Lucas in a two week period because nobody would say anything and within 36hrs. each time my question was five pages back. I finally gave up. I think its funny that people think its so bad, but have no facts to back it up. Obviously- multiple treads and no response..........

Isnt it basically thick oil with zero additives,and thus when added to oil it dillutes the ad pack and does little to no good? It supposibly churns oil into air bubbles.I think its main claim to fame would be putting it into worn out engines to slow the oil leaks/burning...

Here is the skinny on LOS
Unless listed all are 'Zero'
Lucas Virgin
TBN - 0.1
Visc - 615.3
FP - 435
Calcium - 3
Magnesium - 1
Phosphorus - 4
Zinc - 2
Rotella T / LOS 5 to 1 blend
TBN - 8.5
Visc - 115.4
FP - 420
Boron - 17
Silicon - 2
Calcium - 1442
Magnesium - 7
Phosphorus - 604
Zinc - 817

Ok I copied a voa. Have not found any uoas yet...

Originally Posted By: fauxchemist
I think its funny that people think its so bad, but have no facts to back it up. Obviously- multiple treads and no response..........

Whats good about it? unless you have a 1968 that uses oil like crazy or has no oil pressure there is no use for the stuff, contains basically no additives, its useless.

Lets find out whats bad and good about it by digging up some of this old info. Come on guys give me a hand I been sorting threw uoas from 5 yrs back for two hours. Every time I find a link in an old thread its no good any more

Originally Posted By: electrolover
Lets find out whats bad and good about it by digging up some of this old info. Come on guys give me a hand I been sorting threw uoas from 5 yrs back for two hours. Every time I find a link in an old thread its no good any more

You already posted a VOA in your above post(tells the story),what more you looking for?

Coincidently I did stumble across a post by bob on the subject. He said LOS was some kind of oil (dont remember the name he used) but he said its actually an additive in rearend oils. Im sure in much smaller amounts tho. And its used to make the gear oil climb.....

Originally Posted By: spasm3
Not too many uoa results, because most informed members here won't let a bottle within 50 feet of their oil cap.

The only reason your "informed" is because old school BITOGers did the research. Thats what it used to be about......not standing on the findings of others

Originally Posted By: spasm3
Not too many uoa results, because most informed members here won't let a bottle within 50 feet of their oil cap.

The only reason your "informed" is because old school BITOGers did the research. Thats what it used to be about......not standing on the findings of others

Correct, there is a lot i have learned here from other informed members, its why i love this forum.

I have been trying to search info on lucas oil stabilizer and its hard to come up with anything because all of the research was done so many years ago.

Could you guys help me compile data in this thread please? Like voas and uoas data sheets....stuff that.

It would be cool to get all the FACTS in one thread.

Now I know its not very well respected here but lets not have a flame war or arguement here please. Im already assuming everyone feels its junk and leave it on the shelf and oil doesn't need to be stabilized so theres no need for those comments...

With over 2000 posts you should know better that to ask about Lucas. If you want your oil to work better buy better oil. Even if you could find tests that show Lucas was the best thing since sliced bread, it would only mean when added to a specific oil with a specific additive pack it did wonderful things. With other additives packs it might make the engine fall out of the car, who knows.

I dont think it stabilizes anything, its just an oil thickener.

My coworker has an older ford that uses oil frequently (1qt every 4k miles). He tried Pennzoil high mileage 5w-30 thinking it would slow down his consumption, but it did not. He added a bottle of Lucas to it and it didn't consume oil during his 4k mile oci.

I believe from what I've heard that its only use is to thicken the oil.

But honestly if you need an oil thickener, I'd just run a thicker weighted oil instead of paying the ridiculous price for a bottle of Lucas.

Just my 2 cents.

Uoas with wear numbers. Maybe same car same oil with and without...

Its in here.....but where?????

You should know UOA isn't for wear analysis as much as oil condition. The only real way for wear is controlled tests and full tear downs. PPM varying by a few over a period of time won't prove what you're looking for. So what you're looking for really isn't out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back