Opel Insignia 2.0 CDTI, FF, 7860 km

Status
Not open for further replies.
This car is known as Buick Regal in the US, up to MY2012 they were even manufactured on the same factory in Germany. 2.0 diesel in this car is not a GM design, but rather Fiat 2.0 Multijet. I don't know what is factory fill, but since the only oil allowed is Dexos2, i assume that FF is GM Dexos2 (manufactured by Total)

Based on the results, it seems that the oil is holding very well, especially with heavy city driving pattern where the main route is only 10 km. However, i have doubts it would survive the designated OCI of 15k km. Also, very surprising is a total lack of molybdenum, i was under impression that Dexos2 spec would have moly-based additives.

dexos2_analysis.png

Factory fill in Fiat engines is Selenia made by Petronas but since your engine is re-badged by Opel I'm not sure. I've used Castrol Edge Tubo Diesel in my 1.3 Mjet and recently switch to Shell Helix Ultra as it has 50% higher TBN.
My car is a Doblo Cargo and it gets fresh synthetic oil every 10K Km since I don't want any sludge in this engine due to the fact it has a hydraulic timing chain tensioner that is known to fail and cause massive engine damage when sludge is present in the engine.

Well, the car is brand new, so for warranty reasons i had to follow manufacturer requirements and use only Dexos2. So for now i will use Fuchs Titan GT1 ProFlex and change the oil every 7.5k or so. When warranty runs out i will probably switch to GT1 Pro C-3.

Last edited:
The Si is high, check your air cleaner. Change it if necessary, make sure the filter seals correctly in its' housing. Sometimes a bit of clean grease on the rubber seals help ensure good sealing.

Charlie

I think that Si is byproduct of silicone lube on new parts. Also, how do i interpret oxidation values ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back