White FB37 Tractor

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a White Field Boss 37 tractor (it uses a 1.5 litre Iseki diesel) and I'm having difficulty locating an oil filter. The White p/n is 33-0081116 and I've found some cross referenced filters. WIX has a 51324 and Baldwin has a B202. They look completely different, the Baldwin is larger. My question is should I go for bigger or will the WIX/NAPA do just as well. I've got room for a bigger filter but I'm just not sure what I'm getting into. Other than the original part number I don't have any specs on the OEM filter.

Any advice appreciated

As long as the gasket fits, you're probably in good shape. It's hard to make a judgement without the thread, bypass, and gasket specs of the OEM. If it fits and the bypass is appropriate, I'd go with the larger Baldwin.

I'm looking at a Napa filter book, dated 2001, and it lists a Field Boss 35 (yours is a 37? That's not a typo?) with an Iseki engine and it says to use a 1034 filter. That would be a Wix 51034 filter.
The book also lists a FB37 tractor with an ISUZU engine that takes the 1324 filter. That would be the Wix 51324.
The NAPA book shows 330081116 (no hyphen) as taking the 1324 (Wix 51324) as a direct replacement.

1034 specs:3/4-16 thread, 2.734 gasket OD.
1342 specs: 22X1.5 MM thread, 2.834 gasket OD.

I'd say to make sure that your replacement filter has the correct thread, SAE or metric.

My parts book lists the FB37 as having either an Iseki or an Isuzu engine and the oil filter is the same part number for both. Mine is an FB37 with the Iseki.

Thanks for all the information. I like the look of the Baldwin B202 because it's bigger but the WIX is readily availabe here, the Baldwin needs shipping so I think WIX it is. I checked the last filter and it's a Fleetguard LF3369, another big filter, but it doesn't seem to be available anymore.

Am I okay with the smaller filter, does this mean I should change it more frequently?

Originally Posted By: CanJim

Am I okay with the smaller filter, does this mean I should change it more frequently?

If the engine is in good shape, I really wouldn't worry too much about changing it more frequently. The quality of oil has (hopefully) improved since this tractor came out and I'd probably change it by what the factory recommends. Although if you don't put that many hours on it, consider changing it by calendar time instead of engine hours.
BTW, we've owned dozens of Oliver and White tractors, although none of the Whites were that small. We've been slowly switching over to Case/IH because of better dealer service.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back