Is Napa oil really valvoline.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know its make by ashland but is it the same formula as valvoline? Im asking about the standard conv. stuff not syn. I get any weight napa brand blue bottle for $2.89 a qt. I like valvoline products and would like to use the napa stuff if its good oil.

Is it good for an 08 Honda Pilot 3.5 V6 auto with 50k miles? I know its overkill but I like changing at 3k miles? I use Napa gold or OEM filters on all three of my vehicles. I would be using the 5W20.

If you have any concerns run it to 4500-5000 miles and then do a UOA. Thats my 2 cents, and napa gold filters are made by WIX.

take care,

adam

Pmgo

If your Pilot has the VCM motor with cylinder deactivation in it then I would say you need to find a little bit better oil. If it doesnt then go ahead.

It doesn't have that on it, just the regular vtec 3.5. I was going to use valvoilne in it but might try the napa.

I use and like NAPA conventional. I personally run it out to 5k miles then change out with a new ProSelect filter also a NAPA brand. You should have no problems with NAPA oil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back