Anyone try or use a USB endoscope?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was looking at the cheap USB endoscopes (borescopes) on ebay. Has anyone used one of these? It is the small 7mm type. I want it small so it can fit into spark plug holes to look in the cylinders. I could also put this through the throttle body and look at the tops of the intake valves for carbon. I think a 7mm would also fit through the oil drain hole.

This is what they look like, but there are other models on ebay. I haven't decided which brand I would get, but it would be under $50.

endoscope on ebay

Last edited:
I've been really tempted. I have seen those things at Harbor Freight for significantly more (around $100) which isn't exactly an impulse buy for me.

I would want to make sure you can record the video and download it to a computer for archival purposes.

Ah.. I'm thinking that's the free colonoscopy my medical coverage offers.
eek.gif

Originally Posted By: JTK
Ah.. I'm thinking that's the free colonoscopy my medical coverage offers.
eek.gif

suspicious-A1Uy7.png

Last edited:
Do not waste your money, I sell surgical endoscopes for a living and anything but surgical grade is a waste, you can find old surgical cameras and scopes on ebay (we are one of the only western countries to allow this).

Originally Posted By: Pajamarama
I've been really tempted. I have seen those things at Harbor Freight for significantly more (around $100) which isn't exactly an impulse buy for me.

I would want to make sure you can record the video and download it to a computer for archival purposes.

I think the one from Harbor Freight comes with its own video screen. The one I have listed above uses you laptop or computer as the video screen. It is suppose to take either snap shots or video. It supposedly acts like a webcam on your computer, so if your computer works with a webcam, it will work with that endoscope. Amazon sells some that are similar. You can read the reviews there.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back