MoleKule "Brew" question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Molekule or anyone that can aanswer this question: 6+ months ago you posted the recipe for your 'brew' and it calls for "2.5 quarts Fuel Power, 1 quart Neutra, and one 4 oz. can of Outlaw"
But which Outlaw? I was going to buy some (several months back) and hit a brick wall since I learned there were 3 or 4 Outlaw products. Which is best for this use? What is the best Outlaw substitute available in Canada? Or should I just go with 2.5 FP and 1 Neutra?
Also, Redline fuel system treatment, in any quantity, would not be wise to add to this brew, correct?
I had some research saved but I got my OS wiped from its former hard drive, onto one with 16 mb cache. The research is on one of the hundred DVD's I have burned
blush.gif

THANKS
Rob

That brew was for older engines, racing, and for pulling pulling loads.

FP and or Neutra alone is just fine for modern engines with hardnened valve seats and daily drivers.

MoleKule, here is what you posted in April '03:

"As a complete fuel system cleaner, the Fuel Power or PI is pretty good. Fuel power will also give you an increase in mileage for most vehicles. If I suspect I have combustion cleaning problems such as spark knock, I willl use Neutra.

In fact, I use a formulated fuel additive as follows (per gallon) for my daily drivers:

1. 2.5 quarts Fuel Power, 1 quart Neutra, and one 4 oz. can of Outlaw. This gives you the following advantages:
a.) Cleaning of Fuel System,
b.) Cleaning of Combustion Chamber deposits,
c.) A slight increase in octane rating for marginal fuels,
d.) lubricates and plates valve seats to reduce valve recession.

The treatment rate is 1 oz. per 10 gallons."

(http://theoildrop.server101.com/cgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=5;t=000391)
That is why I was asking. Hope this clears it up.
THANKS!!
Rob

BTW this may all be kinda moot, I cannot seem to find any full bottles of FP in house or garage. Plenty of Neutra and LC, mind you...and a multi-year supply of Auto-RX
grin.gif

That is indeed what I said. You will notice that I stated the brew reduced valve seat recession and provided a UCL. So the inmplication was that for racing, old cars, and pulling heavy loads, it could provide some benefits.

quote:

FP and or Neutra alone is just fine for modern engines with hardnened valve seats and daily drivers.

That statement clearly states that for modern engines and daily drivers (newer cars, no racing, no pulling of heavy loads), Neutra and/or FP will do a good job alone or together without the Outlaw.

Thanks again and sorry again. When you said for your daily drivers, I made a wrong assumption.
This also makes me feel a bit better about using Neutra straight. I also think that in the next few months, I'll skip any additives at fill-ups colder than -25
gr_stretch.gif

Thanks MoleKule!
Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back