New Motobecane Mountain Bike PHOTOS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone. The new bike is here!

I bought it from a large online "direct from manufacturer" site that is liked by consumers and hated by bike shops.

I am very pleased with the bike I got and how little I paid for it. I took it to a very highly regarded bike shop and they put it together for me for a fair price.

I could of done it, but I wanted a pro to go over everything and just do it right.

The bike shop asked me what I paid for it ($319) and they told me they could not compete with that price for what I got.

The disk brakes are fantastic! You really have a lot of range of braking force.

Anyway, ONTO THE PHOTOS!!!

N6eUdl.jpg

RuNKXl.jpg

UHfw0l.jpg

howwgl.jpg

jYvr4l.jpg

kwJY5l.jpg

nHwkhl.jpg

gJIAwl.jpg

GPVDZl.jpg

And. . . . . . One of it on the new bike mount!

aZDxNl.jpg

Like I said, I am very satisfied with it. The bike is fairly light, but sturdy. All of the welds are clean yet beefy. Now if Spring would just hurry up and get here. . . . . .

What's the country of origin?

We have two Bikes Direct bikes. One was made in Taiwan, the other China. The Taiwanese bike had significantly better build quality.

I've been satisfied with our bikes, mechanically. But I have not been satisfied with the fit. I'm pretty experienced in buying bikes, but fitting is still pretty tricky.

I would probably buy a BD bike for myself again in the future. But one of our BD bikes was for my girlfriend. No matter how much measuring I did (of her and the bikes), comparing and online calculators I used, I still wasn't happy with the fit. I've already swapped frames once and it still isn't a perfect fit.

If I had to do it over again I would have bought a local bike for my girlfriend, even if it meant getting less bike for my money. One of our local shops has as a woman on staff, and she's especially good at fitting bikes to women.

Last edited:
Taiwan.

I remember hearing many times over the years to avoid bikes made in China. And that Taiwan was fairly good.

I bought a Motobecane road bike in 05 that I felt was a very good price. I have an older MTN bike and would like to get a better one at some point. I have seen the the site you probably bought your bike from. I could see getting something like you got.

It would certainly be way more hi tech than my 93 Diamond Back.

Good luck with it.

Originally Posted By: rg200amp
Taiwan.

I remember hearing many times over the years to avoid bikes made in China. And that Taiwan was fairly good.

Did you know it would be Taiwanese before you ordered it?

BD doesn't advertise the COO of their bikes, so it's pretty much a guess when you order them, unless you're able to find posts online from other buyers that tell the COO. I suppose you could also contact the company and ask.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: stephen9666
Originally Posted By: rg200amp
Taiwan.

Did you know it would be Taiwanese before you ordered it?

BD doesn't advertise the COO of their bikes, so it's pretty much a guess when you order them, unless you're able to find posts online from other buyers that tell the COO. I suppose you could also contact the company and ask.

Yea. I had to do some googling.

Originally Posted By: dparm
What front fork is that?

SR Suntour SF12-XCT-V4-DS-26-100mm

Here is a pic:
f0s2ol.jpg

Nothing special. But, it's a start. . .

Originally Posted By: LeakySeals
I'm interested, already on that site. Whats the diff between a hybrid and a mountain bike?

Hybrid is a dual purpose mountain/road bike.

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
So when are you going to Wissahickon?

A few co-workers and I are going to be hitting our local PennyPack Park trails over the winter.

Once Spring hits, we have plans to hit all the area trails! Wissahickon is on the list!

The motobecane wording and 450HT are not decals, but actually painted on the frame before the frame was clear coated. The metallic flakes in the sliver lettering really looks good.

As I said in my other thread, I am really only intending on keeping this bike until know what frame/parts I want and why I would want them.

I need to lose some weight and develop some riding skill before I really invest in a high quality rig.

So, this motobecane really fits the bill for me right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back