Duralast Gold battery date/ID?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a Duralast Gold Battery in my truck and my car and the one in the car is bad.
I can only find one 6 year old receipt but I do not know which battery it is for. At one time I got the two batteries mixed up and need to find out which one goes with the receipt.

One battery has a Yellow top and the other battery has a Black top with Gold lettering saying Duralast Gold.
The only number on the receipt is 53436.

Thanks Ron.

I could be thinking of another retailer but doesn't Autozone keep records on their system. Give them your name and they maybe able to pull it up. In other words no receit needed. Since you bought both batteries there and are a good loyal customer they may give you the benefit of the doubt.

Thanks.
Guess that means the battery with the yellow top is 6 years old and the battery with the black and gold top is the 12 year old.

I have a 2 year old one, pretty sure its an all-gold/yellow top. Will confirm that. which one was bad? The 6yo one or the 12yo one?

The 6 year old battery with the yellow top will not hold a charge. It was in the 96 Regal which is hard on batteries while the 12 year old black top battery is in the 75 truck that is easy on batteries.

The 6 year old yellow top Duralast Gold has a whopping $13.00 left on the warranty.

Yes used it for 6 years without a problem till today. Trickle charged the battery for several hours and put it in my 75 truck. The truck cranked and idled fine. One hour later and the battery will not even click the solenoid.
Battery must have a bad cell.

Trickle charge = ~~2 amps

Large battery contains ~ 100 amp hours

Several = 7. 2x7 = 14 amp hours returned into battery not including inefficiencies.

If the battery was dead and you 'trickle' charged it for several hours, congratulations, you wasted your time.

After 6 years, the battery owes you nothing, replace it, and perhaps trickle charge the new one. Perhaps you can get that one near full in several hours.

Originally Posted By: ron350
I have a Duralast Gold Battery in my truck and my car and the one in the car is bad.
I can only find one 6 year old receipt but I do not know which battery it is for. At one time I got the two batteries mixed up and need to find out which one goes with the receipt.

One battery has a Yellow top and the other battery has a Black top with Gold lettering saying Duralast Gold.
The only number on the receipt is 53436.

Thanks Ron.

I work at AZ. Your warranty should be listed under the phone number you gave at the time. We can also search by name / phone number or store number and last name. Your battery is now near the end of the pro-rated period (3 yr free replacement, 5 year pro-rate.) The store won't know for sure how much money you get towards a new battery until the return is processed, but at this stage (not promising anything) I would estimate about $20-$30 dollars, $30 being hopeful.

Ed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back