BerryMan B12 or Fuel Injector Cleaner....

Status
Not open for further replies.
I purchased a can of B12 today at Oreilly to run in my '95 Formula. I've heard B12 is a good injector cleaner, but I've also heard the FI cleaner is good as well.

Which is better? I'll go ahead and use the B12 I guess, but I might give the injector cleaner a shot also.

Berryman's B12 Chemtool is certainly time tested and aggressive stuff.

One little vingette is my mom is not the biggest auto head, but she believes in good maintenence.

When 2 cans was added to 1/4 tank and burned all the way she asked "what is with the engine, it feels quite peppy, what did you put in there?"

She did not know I added the stuff, which was surprising.

So, try the 2 cans to 1/4 tank procedure for good result.

Long time lurker, first time poster. I am currently in South Korea, and I pretty much at at the mercy of what the PX stocks wrt auto supplies. I was surprised to see B-12 and B-12 FI at the PX the other day, and put some in all three engins I own: 94 Hyundai Sonata II, 93 Kia Pride, and a 49CC Honda scooter of unknown vintage. Nothing shocking to report on the 4 wheelers, but the scooter has had a big change. It is a 2 cycle, and with 2oz, B-12 in a 1 gallon tank, after half a tank of gas, top speed has increased 10 MPH. I'm sure it was VERY dirty in there, and B-12 has done wonders.

welcome.gif

I have used Techron, and I love it. I just wanted to try Berryman to see how it does. I might try other things in the future.

quote:

Originally posted by Racerjk:

I just wanted to try Berryman to see how it does.

I think if you fuel system needs cleaned you will like the original B12 ...... good stuff there and cut member Chris's oil consumption way way down in his Saturn when doing a piston soak and running some in the crankcase a couple times .

If he see's this he might weigh in with the details on how much less oil is used ect .

Berryman's Chemtool will dissolve paint and most plastics. I'd add it when you are sure you'll be doing enough driving to run it through fairly rapidly. I wouldn't want it in contact with rubber or plastic fuel system parts more than a few days.

I've been using Berryman's Fuel Injector cleaner for about five or six years and I can really feel the difference within a few minutes of driving after I put a bottle in my fuel. I have over 175,000 miles on a 1991 Plymouth Acclaim which was bought new by my mother 13 years ago an I have never had ay injector problems.
I told my mechanic about the Berryman's and he said it was the best product out there and was similiar in composition to BG 44K at a much lower price.

I tried most of them out there and I found the Berryman complete fuel system about the best, and STPs version next, never got much out of Techron, Prestone, Valvoline etc.. Never did try Red Line though.. fyi

quote:

Originally posted by ebaker:
Berryman's Chemtool will dissolve paint and most plastics. I'd add it when you are sure you'll be doing enough driving to run it through fairly rapidly. I wouldn't want it in contact with rubber or plastic fuel system parts more than a few days.

Uh-oh, the car is not a daily driver.

And Berrymans B12 Chemtool is bottled in Arlington, TX at the heart of Dallas/Ft. Worth.

Gives my a ride a home-brewed feeling
smile.gif

At least from the site it looks like some kind of 60yo formula from 194x?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back