Best Fuel stabilizer and cleaner for ATV

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need help picking best fuel stabilizer and fuel system cleaner for small engines. Has there been any testing done on this topic?

i did alot of resaerch with fuel stabilizers and system cleaners.SEAFOAM seems to come out on top.people have saved engines with it.put in gas tank cleans whole fuel system, pour in engine cleans out inside of the engine.or pour down carb or in brake booster line to clean valves and pistons.if you have alot of miles it may clean out the inside of your engine too good.meaning varnish and deposits are currently hold things together.guys have save $500+ carbs with seafoam.it will stabilize fuel for 2 years i believe.go to seafoams site and it will tell you everything.type in seafoam on google and alot of people have used it. good luck amigo.

There is nothing magic in the ingredients of SF,and its getting very expensive now (because of the popularity).People seem to make huge claims for the stuff,yet its simple additives without proven cleaners like Techron/Regane/RedLine.I call it overrated,and I am sure many here will say the same.

Berrymans B12 for cleaning, stabil for stabilizing. The best cleaner I have found is not made to pour in the fuel tank. It is the MotorVac MV3 Carbon Clean, I have found it safe to use in atvs with plastic fuel tanks at small doseage levels. It works great, but I don't think it is safe for metal fuel tanks. I know it has a warning not to put it in the fuel tank.

I have 4 scooters, 2 motorcycles, 3 outboard motors, and 2 mowers and a weed eater.

They all get Blue Stabil for storage. To clean, I use Regane High Milage.

I mix MMO in my storage tank and draw it off for OPE, 2cycle mix, ATV, generators, etc... This stabilizes the fuel and reduces carbon build up. However, carbs used on these items and the environment they are used in often require a manual cleaning. "grit" is not cleaned by these chems. These carbs are simple, and much instruction on the web. If you have a FI ATV, it can be a bit more complicated.

But Seafoam, MMO, CRC, STP Multipurpose will do the general stuff when added to fuel. I caution the use of Carb sprays due the the "plastics" in these carbs. Especially 2 cycle carbs with plastic check valves and diaphrams. WD 40/soft tooth brush and needles/wire strands, work well for manual cleaining of small engine carbs.

Stabil works well, I use the Marine but the old fashioned red formula works too, I just over dose with the red.

For a one tank cleaning, the Gumout with Regane, Redline, and Chevron Techron work well cleaning fuel systems.

Marvel Mystery Oil works well over long term although I have to be careful with the mix on some of my small engines with it. My Tecumseh's do not like an overdose of it.

I use redline SI-1 on my cousins scooter

5CC per 6L gas works wonders.

tested with his classmate's scooters too.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back