Sea Foam Reviews with Data?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've done it pretty much the same as chevorfreak, and had good results on newer EFI cars. I also filled an old Windex bottle with hot water and sprayed that into Carburetors many years ago. Seemed like a safer way to do it. I got the idle speed up to around 2000 rpm and sprayed it rapidly into the engine pausing about every 15 seconds. Usually did about 2 bottles.

Does anyone know if doing this into the TB, or air intake hose on a newer EFI engine will mess up any sensors going into it as a mist? Doing it as a mist will pretty much eliminate locking up the engine.

Thanks,
Frank D

I know that on my car the only 2 sensors in the intake where water could get are the air temp sensor and the MAF. That's why I considered piecing together a spray nozzle on a hose with a windshield washer pump to shove up the intake tube to get a direct spray into the throttle body.

I don't think getting the MAF wet would be too good for it.

Yes, thats why I haven't used the spray method on anything that didn't have a carb. Thought I'd ask to see if anyone did it with EFI, its sure a lot easier.
beer3.gif

Frank D

I just thought of something that would be a heck of a lot simpler than building something..... A weed sprayer! No need for electricity since you just pump it to pressurize it. They have a wand that you could put up your intake tube, and there's a valve to control flow.

Originally Posted By: chevrofreak
I just thought of something that would be a heck of a lot simpler than building something..... A weed sprayer! No need for electricity since you just pump it to pressurize it. They have a wand that you could put up your intake tube, and there's a valve to control flow.

Now that's an idea! It can also go in as a mist or stream, and a lot less worries about locking up the engine. Too bad my sprayer is filled with bug spray. I will be buying a new one next trip to the hardware store.

Frank D

Originally Posted By: punisher
Water is no more likely to lock up an engine than Seafoam or another top end cleaner. Liquid is liquid.

Water does work well to remove carbon. I saw lots of 3.8L Ford engines with really clean shiny piston tops.

That's why I use 'actual' foam sprays instead.
whistle.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back