Good way to get rid of athletes foot?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chain saw. It always works. Just be sure to change your height on your driver's license. :)

Thanks for the info guys. We'll see how it works out, as I said I am on vacation, so going to try to take it easy on it. Hope everyone has a good week.

thanks for the advice guys,

Adam

Soak your feet in sodium percarbonate (oxiclean is one brand) every time you take a shower mixing about 2 tablespoons into the tub. It's the only thing that would get rid of it for me and I used topical creams for years. If that sounds weird realize that sodium percarbonate bereaks down into sodium carbonate (a water softener) and hydrogen peroxide (an anti-fungal). The oxiclean foot bath also helps remove dead skin on your feet which is the root of the problem.

Lamisil AT GEL can be found at any drug store, it will alleviate just about any athletes foot problem in a week flat and you only put it on once a day, usually at night. Ive had some really bad cases of athletes foot, the details would make most queasy.. But Lamisil Gel is worth its weight in gold, really works.

In addition to topical solutions, I started spraying the shower floor with Lysol after each shower several years ago. It's the only thing I've found with an active ingredient that specifically kills the AF fungus. It helps, to keep me from getting reinfected and to stop others who use the shower from picking it up.

Last edited:
Thanks guys and never heard of the sodium percarbonate thing. I may try that tomorrow. I have the Lamisil AT cream, whats the difference between that and the gel. I may use the cream instead of getting something else.

thanks guys

i had athlettes foot for 2 years and did,nt know why.i went to a natural path and she told me after a couple simple tests that i had too much yeast or bad bacteria in my stomach.2 years earlier my doctor had given me 3 rounds of antibiotics and successfully killed all the good bacteria in my stomach.the problem is starting in side your body and working it,s way out.after i showed my doctor my RAW TOES he recommended more drugs and rub on creams. NO THANKS.i ended up doing what the naturalpath told me.start taking garlic tablets and multi strian probiotics.and you will have to eat yogurt like activia to rebalance the good bacteria in your stomach.plain yogurt with no sweeteners in it is what i ate,it is kind of tasteless.i have not had a problem since and it has been 7 years.powders,creams,urine,drugs,bleach never did anything for me.you have a unbalance inside your body.you can do as i did,or go to a natural path and they will tell you what i did.in a couple of weeks you will see results.garlic pills,plain yogurt,probotic pills every day until it is gone.you can continue just to maintain also i do.good luck brother.

Thanks jamesonel, I dont eat a lot of junk/sugary foods. I eat a lot of salads, and I have ate yogurt for a long time. I like the Greek yogurt, plain. I will try what you said also.

thanks

Adam

I had moccasin type athletes foot for about three years. A expensive perscription topical worked some. I thing it began with an N and cost about $90 for a tube of that stuff. One tube would last about one month. That stuff did not cure it, just kept it under control.

Then I tried Foille burn ointment in the tube, (over the counter, few pharmacies stock it, so you have to ask them to special order it) on it, and it was just as effective, and a heck of a lot cheaper, at $3 to $4 per tube depending on where you get it. Most pharmacies can special order it for you. I use to get about 6 tubes at a time.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The down side is if you use it during the day the yellow base (I think it is bees wax) will color white socks a dingy yellow. And the wax is just about impossible to get completely out of socks.

In the past I did the Lamisil pills. They work while you are on them, and it then comes back. And the Lamisil pills are expensive, they require a prescription, and they are hard on you liver. So your doctor will want to do blood work, and will limit how long you can use it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Regarding shoes. Get multiple pairs of the shoes you like, and rotate what pair you wear each day, so the pairs you are not using have days to air out.

If for example you have 4 identical pair of shoes, and therefore wear any given pair one day out of 4, the shoes will last 4 times longer. So in the long run there is no extra cost for having multiple pairs of shoes, but you get to let the shoes air out for several days between use.

Fungal stuff, tea tree oil (topical and spray) is great.

However, on our US trip, I used IPA wipes to "dry" my feet thoroughly when returning to the motel, as the walking was making them wet and itchy...it worked temporarily until I got back to available tea tree.

Sun, air, and grass are your friends w/wo flipflops (aka welding slippers)

Get a LARGE wowman to pee in a bowl and soak your feet in it...she must be hugh. Also cures hoof and mouth disease according to Richard Pryor.

Seriously, this could go on all day. I am surprised no one said mustard. It takes an antifungal to kill the fungus among us.

Lamisil pills or topically Clotrimazole.

I had un-curable AF. Constant doc visits, all sorts of products. Nothing cured it. Not even Lotramin.

I read about Bleach Soaking. Gave it a try after talking to my GP. He was reluctant, but allowed me to do it.

I mixed warm water, 2 cups Clorox, and a touch of liquid ivory soap. I soaked my feet daily in a small basin.

Per my doc's requirements, I also made sure to clean the shower very well at the same time. So I would not re-infect myself.

Never came back!

Best thing that helped me was adding bleach in warm water to soak feet in for at least 1/2 hour. the ratio i believe would be around 15:1 15 parts water to 1 of bleach. worked every time.

Thanks guys for the info, and it seems that the epsom salts/warm water bath for bout half hr is working. I didnt know about the bleach bath. I could try half cup of bleach to full basin of warm water for 15min to half hr then.

adam

shell user. FOR 2 PAINFULL YEARS i tried urine,bleach,creams,tea tree oil,dr scholls powders and sprays,epson salt,blow dryer on toe,s,socks,no socks,bare foot at the lake draging my toes through the sand,foot baths,lysol spray in all my shoes and boots,rubbing alcohol,citrus drops and more NOTHING WORKED.but if it did it would just masked the problem for a while and re appeared.i now go anywhere i want with shoes,boots,sandles,barefoot,sweatsocks,dress socks,dress shoes,and i am a boater walking everywhere in the summer barefoot.i walk on the docks and the beaches all around my pool and country property barefoot with no problems for over 7 years or so.the flesh and skin between my toes used to peel off.the pain was unbearable,like paper cuts between the toes and then some. garlic pills,plain yogurt,and probiotic,pills and you are good to go.it work perfectly for me,it should for you.but understand i am not a doctor or a natural path,this is only my experience. good luck brother.

I do eat yogurt, and dont know bout garlic pills as I like fresh onions and garlic in my salads.

thanks

adam

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back