Nissan GTR r34 1991 - 3050km Shell Helix HX7 Aus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Definitely some issues I am worried about but I am particularly concerned by high Aluminium and Nickel readings.
cry.gif

Contemplating a full overhaul but obviously not keen on the expense. Is there something more targeted that I can do. I am not mechanical but have a friend who I am sure would be happy to help out providing the project is interesting enough!

Any ideas welcome!

I have included the report as a link roktex oil analysis report

I see nothing to be that alarmed about or even fathom a rebuild over on that report, could just be a fluke of extra metals you had in the sample.

I would do another similar run and sample to double check.

Last edited by a moderator:
What air filter are you using?
How many total miles on the vehicle?
How is the vehicle used?

Last edited:
What are you worried about?
Silicon is high, so you need to check air filtration and for leaks downstream of the air filter.
Aluminum might be a liitle high.
Other than that, not a bad report at all.
How long did it take you to reach these ~2K miles?

Hi SubLGT I am using K&N High Flow Air Filter 33-2413 and the vehicle has done just short of 235,000km (146k miles)

I use the vehicle for everything including commuting to work 30km each way every day as well as longer trips over 200km once a month. All travel in Western Australia.

Iron,copper,and lead levels look perfect! How well does it run? I`d definitely lose the K&N and get Nissan OEM filters.

Looks fine to me. My versa had more wear metals than that at 40,000km. Unless its burning mad oil or the compression was out dont change a thing. Sweet car by the way.

Hi Aquariuscsm, I am actually very happy with the way the vehicle runs. I thought this was a little at odds with the report hence the concern.

Would Nissan OEM filters make much of a difference aren't they a fair bit more expensive than the K&N

Originally Posted By: prescient

Would Nissan OEM filters make much of a difference aren't they a fair bit more expensive than the K&N

My Z takes two. I think they were around $15 a piece.
111up9f.jpg

you have great car and went through the trouble to get best oil for it , make sure your not gettin coolant leaks, that will eventually kill your engine.

I would only worry about that in that report as long you dont see it in the future

Yip I intend to retest shortly
Originally Posted By: Voltmaster
you have great car and went through the trouble to get best oil for it , make sure your not gettin coolant leaks, that will eventually kill your engine.

I would only worry about that in that report as long you dont see it in the future

That's cheap, I may need to import everything is more expensive here in Australia
Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
Originally Posted By: prescient

My Z takes two. I think they were around $15 a piece.
111up9f.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back