Q: Is Valvoline discontinuing DuraBlend. A: No!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I often see people here referring to Valvoline's plans to discontinue Durablend. Today I was looking at their site and noticed that their FAQ on Durablend specifically mentions this.

Valvoline FAQ here: http://www.valvoline.com/faqs/motor-oil/semi-synthetic-motor-oil/59

Q. Is Valvoline discontinuing DuraBlend synthetic blend motor oil?

A. No. DuraBlend is not being discontinued.

Here in Australia all of their conventional and nextgen and maxlife products are only available in 15W40 or 20W50. This is why I use Durablend as it's one of the lower cost 5W30 oils available here.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: lexus114
They might no be discontinuing it, but its sure hard to find.

Not here in Australia. It's actually the only Valvoline oil that I can find here in 5W30.
crazy.gif
shocked.gif

Here's what we get in the Valvoline range in Australia.

- XLD (a conventional HDEO) : 15W40 and 20W50.
- Maxlife : 20W50 only.
- Nextgen (conventional) : 15W40 only.
- Engine Armour : 10W30 and 10W40 and 15W40.
- Durablend : 5W30 and 10W40.
- SynPower : 5W40 and 10W50.

There may of course be others at shops I've never visited. But I've seen a lot of parts stores etc in Australia and those are the only grades I ever see here. As you can see, not a single 5W30 except Durablend!

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: buster
I don't see the point when MaxLife is superior.

See my above post buster. Here in Australia that would mean using 20W50 only!

Last edited:
The VIOC guys told me Durablend was now N/A, & that Maxlife had been beefed up to replace it, that's why it bears the "meets/exceeds" Dexos1 now in certain weights, as Durablend did before, in certain viscosities.

Autozone used to have it,not sure if they still do. If it were easier to find,I`d use it all the time.

Originally Posted By: bourne
Well that might be the case because most of us are referring to their home market, i.e. U.S.

Ok I didn't know Durablend was so hard to find in the US. Anyway that FAQ that I posted was from Valvoline's US site.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back