Redline SI-1 - dosing

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am a big believer in Redline SI-1. Seafoam is OK, but when I put that in the tank.. Wow. MMO in gas tank, nothing really happens.

I usually put an initial dose of 3oz on an almost full tank, and then 1oz. for the next three fill-ups until 3oz again at full tank, so I get 9 uses out of a 15-oz bottle. Anything else is basically a waste.. that stuff is GOOD!

PEA, all the way.

Who doses their Redline SI-1 differently?

I add according to the lines on the bottle which mark 10 gal increments. I just do it close enough, and of course less is more...

I dont see what Seafoam can do,its ingredients are nothing special....Naptha,Iso alcohol,kerosene/diesel fuel.

Probably over-dosing, but I put 2 ounces of SI-1, mixed with 2 ounces of RL Watercraft injection Oil (their synthetic TCW-3) in each 17 gallon fillup.

I don't use those great PEA cleaners every tank.
I hope you do not need to , either!
When I DO use an in tank cleaner, I dose it on the strong side.

I've tried everything from 2-5 oz/16.9 gal tankful (give or take) and haven't noticed any difference - why would I? It's been too much of pain to dose, so, after many, many bottles I'm reverting back to full-bottle doses just before every oil change.

Last edited:
I put half a bottle in the VW this week.

I plan on putting the other half in another 12k miles.

That, along with the nonstop use of top tier fuels should keep this fuel system squeaky clean!!

5ML per 5L is enough for my hi revving engine to make me feel a difference after 3 normal doses of 10ML/5L

so...YMMV~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back