Quaker State 0w-20 at WM

Status
Not open for further replies.
I chickened out and went with my normal PP 5w20 for my CR-V.
I do 10k runs, mostly highway, on this car.
The QS was $4 cheaper but I've never seen it before and don't know anything about it.
Would it be good for my situation?

It's a god oil at a good price. I have not tended to like Pennzoil/Quaker State 0W-20 as much as Mobil 1 simply due to the fact that both of our vehicles' engines run louder on this oil than on the Mobil 1. I have PP 0W-20 in our CR-V now, and just recently drained one quart out in favor of a quart of M1 0W-40. Much quieter, some smoother. If you are happy with PP 5W-20, then I would recommend sticking with it.

Honda four cylinders love PP... Why mess up good thing. The only change I would make would be to use PP 5W30 after your warranty is up.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Hokiefyd
It's a god oil at a good price.

I thought this was a typo at first.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted By: Boss302fan
Honda four cylinders love PP... Why mess up good thing. The only change I would make would be to use PP 5W30 after your warranty is up.

Why 5w-30
28.gif

PP is probabley pretty good specially since you run your oil in there for a very long time ,

People who own new-wish ( 2001+ ) honda, toyotas dont really need to worry too much about oil as those cars ment to be abused, to some extend engineered to be abused by teenagers and/or average drivers who dont do anything to their car until it breaks down.

Always buy cheapest brand name that matches your engine's oil rating ( vescosity ) learn this from all wonderful greese lovers on there.

Originally Posted By: Boss302fan

Well, my warranty was up in 2009. 170k later, engine still running perfectly with zero consumption on spec'd 5w20.

I'll stick with the PP for 10k runs. Thanks everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back