Bosch Aerotwin vs ICON Wipers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys,

I have a 08 Passat here that needs new wipers. It appears to have the VW aero arm design so the Bosch beam-type assemblies are the way to go.

However, people have mentioned that the Bosch Aerotwin are near-identical to the genuine VW assemblies. Some online sources have stated that the Aerotwin blades are being merged into the ICON line-up.

The aerotwin blades are a little cheaper than the ICONs, even with the current autogroan promotion. However, if the ICONs offer improved technology, then it makes sense to spend the few extra bucks.

Can anyone advise me on this? Thanks.

I believe Aerotwin is just the name of the OE-specific blades they sell. If they're cheaper, I'd go for those since they're a more "specific" design to that particular vehicle. Some cars with very radical windshields need things like that.

Have you priced the refills from VW? The wipers on my Jetta are OEM aero, and VW sells the refills for them. They have a plastic endcap which you can pry off gently, and the rubber blade slides out.

Originally Posted By: dparm
I believe Aerotwin is just the name of the OE-specific blades they sell. If they're cheaper, I'd go for those since they're a more "specific" design to that particular vehicle. Some cars with very radical windshields need things like that.

Besides, the Aerotwins are much more likely to have been made in Belgium, or elsewhere in Europe, wheras the Icons are ALL made in Sinoland now.
frown.gif

Thanks guys, for the info.

It turns out, the wiper blades on the car are still working just fine, so I am skipping the replacement for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back