Recommend an oil for me high mileage 5.3 vortec

Status
Not open for further replies.
Howdy gents!

Been lurking on this forum for a while now. It was time to sign up and let you guys do what you do best...recommend an oil!!
wink.gif

I have an 01 Chevy 4x4 with approx 210k miles on, what I believe, the original engine.

No leaks, smoke or oil consumption so far.

I bought the truck with 203k miles on it and have changed the oil twice so far. Once with Regular 5w-30 Castrol GTX and the other time with Castrol GTX High Mileage. Used AC Delco filters both times.

Maintenance history is unknown...probably not too good as the oil was black when I first got the truck.

I mostly drive 8 miles one way to and from work in town and occasionally take an hour or so highway trip.

I live in Oklahoma so we get normal winters and very hot summers.

Well.....recommend me a good oil folks! Preferably a good cleaning one. Not a fan of additives besides some MMO in the gas every once in awhile.

Thanks!

Hey,
welcome2.gif

I have a similar high mile truck & actually had 3 of them with 5.3L engines combined well over 350k miles!

Also, I have NO leaks or burning.

All oils are better than the were, but if you want a highly rated dino, go with Pennzoil as they have a stout add. pack. Don't use a HM oil if you don't need it.

If you want syn like mine get, go with Amsoil ASL as I do (see Pablo here), Penn. Platinum or Penn. Ultra.

AC Delco filters are great, or go with Wix/NAPA, PureOne or Amsoil.

Enjoy!
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back