Looking for vehicles with reclining rear seats....

Status
Not open for further replies.
As the subject states, I am in the process of evaluating my new car options. I'd really like something that has reclining rear seats like a minivan. I like being able to sleep on long car rides even if i'm stuck in the back.

So other than a minivan, what else is there?

Right now, a Mazda5 is the first choice but I'd like to wait for the skyactive-g to get added.

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Chevy Equinox, Ford Escape, Audi Q5/Q7, Cadillac Escalade (I think).

Are you sure on the Escape? I looked at one and it didn't appear I could recline the back seats at all. I could only lay them down.

How far back is the requirement to recline?

Both our MDX and CR-V offer reclining seats, but they don't go ALL the way back. You can recline them up to a certain degree, pun intended.

Originally Posted By: badtlc
Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Chevy Equinox, Ford Escape, Audi Q5/Q7, Cadillac Escalade (I think).

Are you sure on the Escape? I looked at one and it didn't appear I could recline the back seats at all. I could only lay them down.

Edge, not Escape. Sorry.

Originally Posted By: Hokiefyd
How far back is the requirement to recline?

Both our MDX and CR-V offer reclining seats, but they don't go ALL the way back. You can recline them up to a certain degree, pun intended.

They don't need to lay back flat, but enough you could rest your head on a pillow without falling forward or having to hold it up from falling to the side. Maybe 20 degrees?

Car-wise, the older G35s had it. Not sure if the newer G37s do, but it was awesome on some road trips I took with my folks. Not exactly a fully-flat recline, but it was enough to make napping easy.

Originally Posted By: user52165
2013 Hyundai Santa Fe - also slide forward and back about 5".

This looks like a solid option. If only there were quality Hyundai dealers around here. I like the MPGs but I don't know much about their GDI. I'll have to do some research on this.

Originally Posted By: Nick R
Was gonna say our equinox does. Other than that, not sure. Anything with a 3rd row I would think the 2nd row could recline.

How do you like the CX-5? I'm looking at that as a 2nd vehicle for my daily driver.

Originally Posted By: badtlc
Originally Posted By: Nick R
Was gonna say our equinox does. Other than that, not sure. Anything with a 3rd row I would think the 2nd row could recline.

How do you like the CX-5? I'm looking at that as a 2nd vehicle for my daily driver.

Overall pretty good. Handles ridiculously well, gets decent gas mileage, ride is a bit on the firm side, but still relatively comfortable. My complaints with it mainly lie in I dislike the smaller steering wheel, and I have a hard time finding a comfortable seating position on long rides. Also, while the engine/tranny combo is quite nice, I find that it isn't quite as much get up and go as I would like. Still a great crossover, but I'm looking forward to getting into something smaller that won't be costing me nearly as much coin and that gets better mileage.

My Nitro rears recline about as much as an coach airplane seat. Not sure why they bothered. If you want to get fancy, I believe a Maybach reclines.
smile.gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back