What's the go here - Toyota LLC and SLLC

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have these little stickers under the hood that has me concerned a bit. I'd noticed it in the past and didn't pay it much heed.

The first one is the white sticker that came from the factory. It mentions SLLC. 10 year/ 100,000 mile change interval. The car was built in Dec 2005.

Then the second one is the colourful one stating "Long Life Coolant" NOT SLLC was used on Feb 25, 2007. This is also right after the 20,000 mile service in the handbook - which was done on Feb 9, 2007. There is no mention int he handbook of the coolant change.

I bought the car in May 2007.

My thoughts are:
1. It seems like the factory SLLC was exchanged when the car was 14 months old.
2. It seems like LLC was used to replace.
3. Did an overheating event lead them to replace the coolant? There is no issue with the motor, it runs fine.
4. Am I overdue for a LLC change, having gone about 60,000 miles on the LLC? (NOT SLLC)
5. Is the sticker incorrect? Did they actually use SLLC and use an old sticker? Mixed up the stickers?

Coolant appears pink in the barf tank. My understanding is SLLC = pink, LLC = red.

1-DSC01503.jpg

You can go pretty much forever on the Toyota Red. The free 305,000 mile Avalon I have is on the original fill of Toyota whatever-life coolant from 1996, along with the original water pump and original rad and coolant hoses.
lol.gif

The pink and red are compatible with each other and yes I would get it changed at that mileage.

Many Toyota AZ-series engines would have a water pump fail at low miles. The coolant would have to be replaced once the new water pump was installed. If the leak was caught in time, no engine damage was done. When the pump fails on such an engine, it typically leaks very slowly.

Anyway, I just replace Toyota coolant once every 5 years and it works fine.

It is a little confusing about which coolant is in your car now, because of it I would change now after 5+ years and 60k miles. Rather be safe and sleep well than worry about wasting some money to keep your car in top condition.

I wouldn't worry too much. My truck was 10yrs old and had 1 coolant flush during that time. I recently replaced the radiator, not because of any cooling issues but for another reason. I took off the old radiator end tanks and it was actually super clean not really any corrosion or build up. I was impressed considering it was more or less neglected.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back