Tried some NuFinish today...Not bad!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: NuFinish
If i use the orbital buffer, would i get better result? Can i apply monthy? Thanks.

Originally Posted By: 2008wrx
If i use the orbital buffer, would i get better result? Can i apply monthy? Thanks.

An orbital buffer will give better results because of the fact that NuFinish is an AIO (all-in-one) and, therefore, will have some cleaners or abrasives or both. However, NuFinish stains trims and this is a major issue for me because it adds more to the workload. I love AIO's but not ones that stain trim.

For those posting pictures to make a point, let's be honest and admit to the maxim that it is the prep. that gives 99% of the look and not the wax or sealant. Do a good one or two step compound/polish on any vehicle and it will look great even without any wax, as has been shown many a time on different detailing forums. The wax or sealant adds protection and a little to the look.

Last edited:
Would you believe . . . all on a single drop of NuFinish?

2012_08200004.jpg

2012_08200013.jpg

Nah. We paid a detailer. He could have used camel semen for all we know.

Originally Posted By: Vikas
Chris has posted his NuFinish photos. Where are your Collinite, Duragloss or Zaino pictures which shows them to be better?

Even though I like Duragloss, I am NOT going to knock down NuFinish without first trying their current version. I suggest you do the same too.

- Vikas

This is also NuFinish:

M5Exterior27.jpg

Originally Posted By: Volvohead
Yeah, but you still let the Volvo get wet.
wink.gif

The S40 was the best looking Volvo I had and I took pride in it but it was a lemon! You name it, it broke or malfunctioned. It was the worst car I ever owned as far as being problem free. After fighting it for several years with not much luck it lost its spot in the garage and sat out side for over a year before selling it off. That is when I tested the NuFinish on it.
The 04 XC70 on the other hand has been flawless and one of the best, trouble free cars I have owned. A 2012 V6 Accord replaced the S40 but I'm looking to find a clean 2003-2004 S60 because I miss the S40's style so much.
Do you know if the 2003+S60's were good to go? I know that you should avoid the 2001-2002 XC70's but what about the S60'?

Another pic of the XC:
100_1962.jpg

Originally Posted By: Capa

An orbital buffer will give better results because of the fact that NuFinish is an AIO (all-in-one) and, therefore, will have some cleaners or abrasives or both. However, NuFinish stains trims and this is a major issue for me because it adds more to the workload. I love AIO's but not ones that stain trim.

For those posting pictures to make a point, let's be honest and admit to the maxim that it is the prep. that gives 99% of the look and not the wax or sealant. Do a good one or two step compound/polish on any vehicle and it will look great even without any wax, as has been shown many a time on different detailing forums. The wax or sealant adds protection and a little to the look.

My prep was a good wash and clay bar. That was it on all pictures.

Originally Posted By: CROWNVIC4LIFE
Nu-Finish holds up well in Miami burning sun and constant monsoon downpours for up to six months or longer..Nothing else I used lasted that long and I have tried everything.

You haven't tried REJEX then. REJEX is better than Nu-Finish.

The S40/V50 wasn't the same as the bigger models.

Anything with Haldex from '03 or later is rock solid.

Starting in '06, they have the "instant traction" pre-charged system. That's what we have. But I honestly don't notice a difference between it and our '05.

The later you go with the P2s, the better they get. It jumped the shark in '07, as they started tarting up the steering wheel.

. . . how about an R . . .

I just purchased a tin of the Nufinish paste and I think it was bad. Looked like cottage cheese and chalked/smeared the Mustang hood terribly. Got it back to normal with FX Synwax.
Never had that happen in all the years I used NF liquid so will get some next.

Originally Posted By: Chris B.
Originally Posted By: Capa

My prep was a good wash and clay bar. That was it on all pictures.

If you used a clay bar and then you must have used a quick detailer or something similar for lubricity. Again, 99% of a vehicles look will be based off the prep work.

Originally Posted By: Volvohead
The S40/V50 wasn't the same as the bigger models.

Anything with Haldex from '03 or later is rock solid.

Starting in '06, they have the "instant traction" pre-charged system. That's what we have. But I honestly don't notice a difference between it and our '05.

The later you go with the P2s, the better they get. It jumped the shark in '07, as they started tarting up the steering wheel.

. . . how about an R . . .

Yeah I may get an 04 S60R with the 2 tone interior.....looks great! Just need to find a low mileage(under 100,000 miles) that has maintenance records and at a price that is not through the roof!

Check over on SS.

The later ones are better.

Avoid the early ATX, as the engine is de-tuned slightly. You'll want the 6-speed trackball with this anyway.

Let me know what you do.

I've used NuFinish for years (decades actually). I've used it on my brand new rides and hoopdees alike. I agree that the "finish" isn't the glossiest and it does stain plastic trim (fairly easy to remove with a magic eraser pad). With the winters we have here, I don't have the luxury of waxing every month or two (tricky when it's below zero for weeks on end from December through March...plus snow and the inevitable salt they use on the roads). I need something that LASTS...and I've never used ANYTHING that outlasted NuFinish (tried some Rejex on my Yaris when I owned it a few years back but it's tricky to use...you have to be sure the car is METICULOUSLY prepped before applying...end result was "meh" to me...and it didn't last as long as NuFinish). It may not be the "best" but for the infrequent user (once a year in the fall just before winter...usually 2 coats a week apart) like me, it's the real deal.

Originally Posted By: cjcride
Consumer Reports tested a bunch of Car Waxes many years ago, Nu Finish came out on top. I never looked back.

They didn't test it against any of the good stuff though, just all the other garbage you typically find at places like Wal-Mart...put it up against products like Duragloss, Zaino, Collinite, or Klasse and it wouldn't do so well...

I just tried Nufinish this weekend on the Corolla. I really like it personally. Didn't do any prep work other than a good wash.

Car has a nice shine, and was easy to apply/take off. As long as the durability is good, I'll keep using it.

I suppose it depends on what you're looking for, but at $8/bottle, I'm happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back