After 2nd app. of Auto-RX, my rear main is leaking again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, it was looking like it would work..

The first application of Auto-RX was in for ~750mi (old application instructions) followed by a ~1500mi rinse cycle. So far, so good. The leak had stopped!
smile.gif

In went the second application, (according to instructions for rear main leaks) which I left in this time for 1500mi (since the first was only left in for 750 under the old application instructions). Still, everything looks good.

Now, I'm about 1000mi into the second rinse cycle, and it's starting to leak again..
frown.gif

So, my question is, did I do something wrong, or is there still hope/no hope?

BTW, this was all done while using Cheveron or Havoline 10w-30 dino and the car is a '91 Mercedes 190e 2.3 with 174k.

All that is happened is the last of the sludge that was creating a false seal is now cleaned and liquified. Stay right on your application instructions, your just on rinse cycle and when this step is through, think you should dial up www.auto-rx.com and click on application for rear main seal leaks and reread.Auto-Rx is doing it's job, your seals will be refurbished and keep using NON synthetic oil after Auto-Rx for up to 3000 miles, leak will stop. If you want furthur clarification e-mail me
at Auto-Rx Forum. You have saved a hefty chunk of money by not having to replace this or any other
seal lubricated by oil and Auto-Rx stay on course.

[ December 25, 2003, 06:54 AM: Message edited by: Frank ]

merc190, please keep us posted on this one, I'd love to know if the Auto Rx is the cure or if a worn out seal is a worn out seal.

Seals don't wear out the seal material starts the process of dedigration and leaks. Auto-Rx is formulated to refurbish the seal material Auto-Rx makes seal extremely pliable so it can clean front and back then we use the simple additive package thats in non synthetic oil to restore firm pliability to the seal and making good contact with the engine metal ( no swelling chemistry-no synthetics )only thing we can't do is repair torn or ripped seals. Follow application instructions completely and again post please.

Blokey
Member # 1052

posted December 25, 2003 05:49 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I've noticed cleaner exhaust tips on my Acura TL since running an Auto-Rx treatment and continuing with a maintenance dose at every oil change (the tell-tale soot mark at the 6 o'clock position on the exhaust tip has not reappeared since I cleaned it several months ago). However, I also recently put in new Denso Ir Power spark plugs and changed out my KB air filter for a NAPA Gold. I'm not sure if my car's cleaner exhaust is due to any one or a combination of the things I've done to it recently but I'm happy with the results.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posts: 47 | From: GA, USA | Registered: Feb 2003 | IP: Logged |

quote:

Originally posted by Frank:
merc 190e read all posts carefully and understand the importance of doing the application correctly.
You want results not drama.

The kind of results I would like is:
reduced bruning.- always burned since new
Clean Tail pipes. -they are black inside

I am considering it though to clean my PS, but I may just not bother because of the miles 396K

Maybe in a perfect world seals don't wear out, but vibration, out of balance components, and wear on reciprocating part assemblies do cause seals to go bad. Thats why they are replaceable. If Auto Rx can help extend the life of these, thats great, but I guess as bad as I want to believe it is a cure all for everything oil related, I have a hard time believing it can make a bad seal new again. However, this post will be a good long term test of that.

Wow, thanks for all the replies guys! I've been away from a computer for the past couple of days, but I have been keeping tabs on the rear main leak.

It's not getting any worse.. In fact it seems to "spurt" oil out only every now and then.. Maybe only under certain temperature and driving conditions? I dunno.

Any changes and I'll post them here, otherwise, I'll give an update in about a months time.

Cheers!

Ok, as promised, here's the update..

After another month of daily driving and another 300 mile trip, I'm happy to report, so far no signs of leakage since the last report!
cool.gif

I'll post a final update, about a month from now, when it's again time to change the oil and report the results.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back