Ugly $79,950 Chevelle!

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=390454567406&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:MOTORS:1123 i asked him 79g for a ghetto'd out Chevelle,this is what he wrote back, "PLEASE KEEP YOUR OPINIONS TO YOURSELF. THIS IS NOT A MESSAGE BOARD IT IS A PLACE OF BUSINESS. IF YOU DO NOT LIKE THE TYPE OF INVENTORY WE HAVE YOU DON'T HAVE TO LOOK. IF WE CONTINUE TO RECIEVE YOUR DEROGATORY MESSAGES YOU WILL BE REPORTED TO EBAY.

THANK YOU
ROLAND" Poor car

Last edited:
Personally I don't think sending the seller a note calling it "ghetto'd out" is not going to get you hugs and kisses. Seems pretty inflammatory. His response is pretty much dead on.

If some guy wasted my time criticizing a vehicle I had for sale, I'd give him an earful too.

I'm surprised he bothered to reply at all, given that you obviously were not a potential buyer. Likewise, I'm surprised that you bothered to say anything to him in the first place.

I'm guessing dave may not have been the only person that told him that.

Upon closer look, I'm not sure what the big deal is about. Get rid of the wheels, and it will look much better....

If it sells the guy is a genius.

Why waste time with craftsmanship and attention to detail when you can just do this for $15,000 and sell it to uhh...the types of people that buy cars like this...

People get off on imposing their will on others. Browsers want a Chevelle, seller has one. Buyer wants a certain chevelle, seller has done "wrong" things to it, it's irreplaceable. Like buying the mona lisa and trimming it to fit an 11x14 frame.

While it's not what I would want, I have to respect the time and effort spent on it. With all that customization, I suspect there was little of the original car that could be saved, so why not? Maybe he thinks what I like is stupid, too.

I have to agree with the owner of the vehicle. It's clear that it is a custom shop, and while it's not my taste (not even close) your comments to him were way out of line.

If it were a discussion forum it would have been proper to voice your opinion, but the comment regarding "a place of business" is correct.

I like it. It's different. I've been walking past the same ol' SS396 Chevelle resto for 30 years at shows. It adds a little bling and modern dude style to old school musclecar. It's clean, NOT dropped on the floor, and doesn't have tinted windows.
I will agree that it's a bit much on the price.

At least it's not another Rat Rod.

I think it is absolutely obnoxious when trying sell something and getting dumb comments in the peanut gallery. At least the Subaru board I used to sell my 04 WRX I know the mod who I contacted and the mod removed comment for stupidity in the associated post.

Car is listed as "fully restored." "Restored" generally indicates a vehicle that has been put back to original condition. I don't see a thing on that car that looks factory original.

not the worst I've seen. the interior is worse than the wheels IMO. for that money, I'd expect an upgraded drivetrain and some larger brakes.

In light of the unsolicited critique, I'd say his response is appropriate.

As for the car, it is not my taste but he will probably sell it and someone will be proud to own it, it takes all kinds to make the world go round. I do hope it was not a nice original car when whoever started the "restomod".

The car seems a bit out of place in light of the other inventory.

Originally Posted By: CourierDriver
im to lazy to type in all that linkie characters

You don't know how to copy and paste?

I'm going to agree with the others who said the comment was unwarranted and unnecessary. The dash looks ugly and the rims are a little too much, but other than that it doesn't look bad at all IMO. What ever happened to "if you don't have anything nice to say..." How would you feel if you were trying to sell your car and you had some guy emailing you saying it's ugly and overpriced?

I would encourage the seller to report the comment to EBay.

While the car isn't to my personal taste, I am sure someone will like it. $79k is a little spendy for me but I'm not in the market for anything like that, anyway.

I'm confused as to why the OP posted the seller's response here. How does this enrich BITOG?

Originally Posted By: bretfraz

I'm confused as to why the OP posted the seller's response here. How does this enrich BITOG?

just something to talk about, that's all. that's why it's in 'off topic'

I don't dislike the car. I'm generally not one to like custom stuff, but I think this work was done somewhat tastefully. Looking at the photos, I think there are some issues with attention to detail, and possibly some low quality parts or labor used, but I think the look they were going for is mostly successful. I also agree that the price appears rather high for that car; I don't see a lot of world class workmanship in that car to justify the high price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back