how to remove Kohler faucet bonnet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry if this is the wrong forum - I'm trying to replace the cartridge in my Kohler faucet. I can't figure out how to get the bonnet off. Look at the pic, do I pry or screw it off at 1, 2 or 3? I tried all three and it won't budge. Thanks!

faucet.jpg

Originally Posted By: 96Cherokee
I would guess number 1 screws off but I don't know for sure. Did you try to google the faucet model for a parts diagram?

Yep, I found many tutorials, it just says to "remove the bonnet".

the top bonnet unscrews,you may have to use a rubber grip of some sort to get a hold of it. hold against yourself on faucet body.try using some vineger to the seams between top and body,this will loosen the scale and crud in there.kohler probly has atech line you can call to get more info about product and repair.cartridge will lift right out,don t let body turn you could break supply lines under counter. good luck

It's the top section that you'll want to remove.

Put a rubber pad (such as a cut up inner tube) around the flat area just above the top seam and put a pipe wrench on it in the direction to loosen it. Then put another piece of rubber pad around the base, and put another pipe wrench on it in the direction to tighten it. The rubber pad gives the pipe wrenches a grip, and will prevent marring the surface.

Put pressure on the top pipe wrench to loosen it, while putting pressure in the opposite direction on the base to keep it from twisting.

Originally Posted By: Pop_Rivit
It's the top section that you'll want to remove.

Put a rubber pad (such as a cut up inner tube) around the flat area just above the top seam and put a pipe wrench on it in the direction to loosen it. Then put another piece of rubber pad around the base, and put another pipe wrench on it in the direction to tighten it. The rubber pad gives the pipe wrenches a grip, and will prevent marring the surface.

Put pressure on the top pipe wrench to loosen it, while putting pressure in the opposite direction on the base to keep it from twisting.

Thanks! Will get the proper tools and try that tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back