How long can Pennzoil Platinum go???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello guys and gals,

Quick question if you may. In the future I may switch over to "Platinum" 5W-30 as a standard in my 01' Durango 4.7 engine. Can this synthetic go as far as 7500 miles before doing any future OCI's????

Durango

Hard to make a blanket statement. It comes down to your specific driving habits, your exact motor, etc. Best way to do it is run to 7500, change it, send off for a sample, and see if you can go longer next time.

From my experience, most cars can go well beyond 5000 on PU/PP.

Originally Posted By: 1trilliondollars
Not to hijack, but where DO you send off for an UOA? And how much do you need to send?

http://www.blackstone-labs.com/

They'll send you a container for free. Just fill it when you change the oil. Only needs a few ounces.

Of course it varies.

But I have used PP/Mobil1 for quite some time now and changed it anywhere from 7500-10,000 miles. Not before. Not after.

I am the perfect average driver 70-30 highway/city. clean roads. no severe conditions.

Last edited:
Since Formula Shell held up well for a 7.1K OCI in my truck I would be very disappointed if PP did not hold up for a 7.5K OCI.

Originally Posted By: dparm
Originally Posted By: 1trilliondollars
Not to hijack, but where DO you send off for an UOA? And how much do you need to send?

http://www.blackstone-labs.com/

They'll send you a container for free. Just fill it when you change the oil. Only needs a few ounces.

OAI (Polaris) also does it. Always get the TBN done and always ignore the comments from B/S.

Hi guys,

The reason I ask is that my Dodge truck just got out of a service for the ABS system. The service advisor told me that snce Fiat bought Chrysler they have a long arrangement with Shell products so since I use synthetic oil in my 4.7 motor I figure they would offer me Pennzoil "Platinum" synthetic oil.
They went on to say that Fiat calls the shots now.

Since my ABS system is repaired now I can go back to having normal maintenance and so I'm saving my pennies for the next OCI in about another 1800K.

Thanks for your fast replies.

Durango

I stepped up to 7500 mile OCI's in my Explorer with Pennzoil Platinum and the UOA was fine. I run a Mobil 1 filter now, I figure the synthetic media will hold up better to a longer OCI.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back