peak full synthetic

Status
Not open for further replies.
anybody know who makes the Peak full synthetic?? I just picked up a couple 5.1 jugs at AAP for $23 with a $10 rebate. I also see they are Dexos approved so I can use it in my gf's 2012 buick. Hope its a decent oil figured it had to be if it meets dexos standards??

There's a few posts about Peak dino and syn oils on BITOG. I did a Google search a couple days ago when I saw the AAP promotion. The Peak website has listed it's a registered trademark of Old World Industries, LLC. I don't know if Warren Lubricants is in the same LLC. I'm torn between Peak syn ($10 for 5qts) or Nexgen ($2 for 5qts) final price promotions at AAP. Which would you choose?

well I got both here the peak is $23.99+tax -$10 rebate and the Nextgen is $19.99+tax -$20.00 rebate. I didn't know until I saw the peak that it is Dexos approved so its gtg in my gf's 2012 buick. I figure I can get aroun 10 nextgen and 20 peak by mailing the rebates to friends and family that don't change their own oil. time to stock up
smile.gif

I dont think supertech is dexos approved though. Yeah I know its a matter of paying GM the license fee for putting the logo on the bottle. But it makes me feel better that its there.

I have run Peak 5w-30 in one of my 5.3l and it's more is noisy when compared to most other oils. I think it is thinner than most. Not a disturbing difference, but noticable. Mixing in a qt of HDEO would pick up the HTHS to better match my older 5.3.

Peak oil has Danica Patrick,Super Tech has the deceased Sam Walton.Sam has the mellower attitude.

It's the next oil that's going into my Cruze. No UOA on it, though. If it's dexos1, it should perform just like every other dexos1 oil out there.

Originally Posted By: volk06
Peak motor oil is blended by WPP. Same as super tech.

How was this verified, or is it assumed because both WWP and Old World Industries are blenders??

I got a case of Peak 10w40 (15 quarts) from amazon and the inner box had a shipping label from WPP HQ *to* amazon.

Originally Posted By: Aerojoe
how is it thinner then other oils isn't a 5w30 a 5w30??

"30 weight" is oil that is in a particular range of thickness, not a single #; same is true for 20 weight, 40 weight.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: ProfPS
Originally Posted By: volk06
Peak motor oil is blended by WPP. Same as super tech.

How was this verified, or is it assumed because both WWP and Old World Industries are blenders??

By looking at the bottom on the jugs. There is a WPP stamp on the bottom of it. Results might vary depending on location. I actually meant to say bottled, not blended.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: sciphi
It's the next oil that's going into my Cruze. No UOA on it, though. If it's dexos1, it should perform just like every other dexos1 oil out there.

This is my thinking its gotta be good enough that GM approved it for Dexos1 spec's ???

The Peak Syn I had was stamped "WPP" on the bottom, which would stand for Warren Petroleum Products.

It is a synthetic but not one I hold in high regard.

Originally Posted By: ProfPS
There's a few posts about Peak dino and syn oils on BITOG. I did a Google search a couple days ago when I saw the AAP promotion. The Peak website has listed it's a registered trademark of Old World Industries, LLC. I don't know if Warren Lubricants is in the same LLC. I'm torn between Peak syn ($10 for 5qts) or Nexgen ($2 for 5qts) final price promotions at AAP. Which would you choose?

MAX LIFE Next Gen. I would do that without hesitation given those options.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back