LC ?s

Status
Not open for further replies.
In a vehicle driven somewhat akin to the Aunt Millie style of driving, would LC help prevent rapid oxidation of the motor oil during winter months (non-garaged vehicle)? Does LC have any effect on cold flow/pumpability?

Mikep

mikep,

I know you would rather have an unbiased answer, but hey mine is better than none.

Yes, LC would help prevent oxidation. Per Molekule "Lube Control is a liquid supplement used to control oxidation and soften sludge and carbon in PCMO's and hydraulic oils."

Nobody?
dunno.gif

Mikep

quote:

Originally posted by lcd:
mikep,

I know you would rather have an unbiased answer, but hey mine is better than none.

Yes, LC would help prevent oxidation. Per Molekule "Lube Control is a liquid supplement used to control oxidation and soften sludge and carbon in PCMO's and hydraulic oils."

Thx for the response.
cheers.gif

Mikep

Lube Control is a blend of solvents and anti oxidents as I understand it. So it would have to affect the base oils viscosity at all temps. The important thing to remember is that it seems to reduce wear and deposits!

quote:

Originally posted by JohnBrowning:
Lube Control is a blend of solvents and anti oxidents as I understand it. So it would have to affect the base oils viscosity at all temps. The important thing to remember is that it seems to reduce wear and deposits!

Understood. The big question for me is would LC improve the cold pumpability or pour point of a motor oil (specifically a group II/II+ 5w-30).

Mikep

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back