4L80E pan oil leak

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently acquired a 2007 Suburban 2500 6.0 with the 4L80E transmission. I had my hometown mechanic change it over to Amsoil ATL. Now it leaks at the rear left corner of the pan. The oil pan has 17 bolts around the perimeter. The Chilton manual says it will leak if the bolts are too tight. They are supposed to be 97 in lbs. I carefully checked the torque by using my torque wrench set at 8 ft lbs. It still leaks. It is not overfilled. I hesitate to just crank down on that corner bolt. Should I try to go a little tighter first and see what happens?

Thanks

It's black and hard. I assume it's original. The Amsoil website says the gasket is reusable.

if it just just one corner and you have easy access to it, i would try that spray on gasket sealer. you clean the area real well and then spry very light coats on the leak area (allowing to dry between coats). i would not over torque the bolt.

The factory gasket is soft and rubbery.

The hard gasket is an aftermarket replacement. This happens all the time. It has already been over tightened, do not go any further.

Take the trouble to locate an OEM gasket, you never need another and it is much more resistant to leakage!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back