Eneos sustina vs. amsoil xl 0w20

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do they compare? If your are using Sustina 0w20 any comments good or bad. I have always used Amsoil 0w20 in our '11 CRV AWD and thought i would try something new. We live in northeast Wisconsin so we have hot summers and cold winters and the CRV is mostly on the highway with OCI at 6 months or 7500mi while under warranty.

Ever tried Mobil 1 0w20? Great winter spec's and a heck of an oil for an OCI like yours. There is not a lot of info on or users of Sustina on this forum. It is a pricey oil and, though I am sure it is good, the Amsoil is a great lube that is fairly proven. I would really just use what you can get cheaper out of the two or try the M1. JMHO.

I really like that enos oil but its hard to find and never on sale. So I have a hard time shelling out 70$ for oil when I can hit walmart or an AAP/AZ special for under 30$ easily.

actually it would be about 80$ for 6qt+shipping

enos sustina has sulfur free Additives there is still a small amount of sulfur in the base oil.. which is why you get contradictory statements of sulfur free and 70% less sulfur... its talking about the additives in the first part.. ZDDP >ZP and the total sulfur content of the oil in the other part.

This is the number one oil I would use and pay more for.. just not over double like it would currently be to source it.

The W-BASE is a GTL type refining process giving it higher VI base oils than PAO etc.

I don't think a lot of guys have experience with Sustina yet.
I used Sustina 5w-30 for around 4k miles in my car, before I traded it in.
I think It burned/leaked more than other oils.
Oil looks very clear, watery, smells fine. Easy to wipe of your hands. It actually seems like your skin absorbs it like a hand cream.
Google SUSTINA VOA, it should lead you to my VOA on Toyota Nation forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back