Auto-rx users speak up!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will do that because I average 1000 to 1200 miles a week anyway. I changed it yesterday so I will change it next Saturday and cut open the filter, and see what it has in it. I did not know that about Ford 302 V8 engines. I always liked Ford's for trucks. When it comes to cars I love my Chevy's and some other GM's. I wonder if SBC and BBC oil filters only filter half the oil?

Right now I have 10w30 Maxlife in my car. I really don't want to stray from my original plan
though, so I guess I'll wait until next year and do it after all. My next oil analysis should show
if I've gotten the engine fairly clean anyways.

Based on what you guys are saying, should I use my second bottle of Auto-rx on my Firebird
already? I only ran it for around 600 miles the last time I used it. My engine has 71k on it.

Just finished up a 1000 mile test of Auto-RX in my grandmother's 160k Olds Cierra 3.3 Buick V6. Although the parts of the engine I could see look no cleaner, as they were already clean before, ther is a definite improvement in throttle response an mileage.

I had not told my grandmother about the treatment, and she noticed the mileage increase, which was about 2MPG. This was an average 20MPG up to an average of 22MPG. Duty cycle is roughly 50/50 highway/city.

The car has had 11k Mobil 1 oil changes with Mobil 1 filters since 80k and Pennzoil with AC filters before that on a 3-4k interval. The interior of the engine looked clean before and after.

My theory is that it cleaned the rings of any carbon deposits.

VaderSS
I think thats what it did to my vehicles. About to give the Mazda turbo another clean. We are also starting a test on 14 forklifts this week, will be interesting to see the results.

I'm in the middle of my 2 bottle cycle. This is on my older car that has had a valve cover leak according to latest oil analysis. I suspect there was some gel sludge on the inside. I immediately noticed that it was quieting down. Stayed that way after the oil change. So far happy with the results. I will definitely be putting in another bottle after the recommended 2500 miles.

Glad to hear it. Sounds like it's working out for you.
smile.gif
Let everyone know how it turns out.

bob

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back