Auto-RX Experiences

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've completed one test and am in the middle of another of this product.

The first was my old 1993 Oldsmobile Ciera with a 3.3 Buick V6.

This engine used very little oil and was very clean inside the valve covers. It had had Mobil 1 5W30 used in it from 80k to 160k. I gave it to my grandmother, when I got the SS.

After completion of a 1000 mile interval with Auto-Rx, I noticed improved throttle response, power, and about 1MPG better fuel economy. I attribute this to the cleaning of the rings of carbon deposits.

The second application was in my girlfriend's 94 Ford Explorer. It has used an increasing amount of oil for the past 20k miles and was up to about a quart every 1000 miles from a rear main seal leak. She had tried several different stop-leaks with no success. It is now at 87k and has used no oil in the past 600 miles.

The oil consumption appeared to have stopped within 100 miles of putting the Auto-Rx in. I've not taken it out yet, but from what I've read, if the leak stops, it is usually gone for good. It has also gotten a little peppier. My GF does not track mileage, so I have no idea if it improved, but I'd not be supprised if it did.

I'll be trying it out in the SS after I complete testing of the 0W40, but that will be a while...

I had forgotten about it, but the Explorer had had a check engine light on for the past year or so.

After 150 miles or so on the AutoRX, the light is out and has not come back.

I don't have a scan tool, and there were no drivability problems so it never was brought in to check it, but it's awfully coincidental.

I'll be keeping track of my experience with it in my Excursion. 6.8L V-10! I get about 12MPG city and 15MPG highway. It has about 60,000 miles of work mileage (towing). I'm doing it to the engine first. I'll let you know what the difference is like. Then, after I'm sure I've seen the most improvement out of the engine I'm doing the transmission and transfer case. In all three cases I'm also switching over to Amsoil full synth fluids.

So, I'll keep you posted on my experiences.

Mikie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back